Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!

Started by Anguille, May 16, 2017, 07:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RyanE

I hadn't heard of the HW BSG mod, that I can remember.  Will have to begin research.

RyanE

Just did some furious googling...it looks like the HW BSG mod is dead for the remastered HW.  I saw a bunch of people complaining of a dead forum and then on Steam there was a post with a cease and desist order from NBC on any BSG-related content.

Pete Dero

This is the mod for the original Homeworld 2 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406249773 ( Battlestar Galactica: Fleet Commander - Classic HW2 )

Unfortunately I can't get the game to run on my PC anymore, only the remastered versions run.


There is also a sort of mod (standalone game based on Freespace 2 Open) : http://diaspora.hard-light.net/index.html

Diaspora is a single and multiplayer space fighter combat game set in the reimagined Battlestar Galactica universe.

What ships can I fly?

Both Vipers will be available to fly. As will the Raptor, Cylon Raider, Blackbird and several other fighters from the BSG Universe.

And the Galactica?

No. You can't fly the Galactica. Wrong style of game. We'd rather concentrate on trying to make the best fighter game possible than try to do everything and spread ourselves too thin. There are other RTS mods and games who can do a much better job of that than we could.

You will of course be able to fly around the Galactica, launch from it and land on it.




RyanE

So it looks like this might be on supported and functioning BSG fleet game.  I would love to play BSG in the HW remastered engine.  That's too bad.

Pete Dero

These are some other mods that still exist :

Distant Worlds mod

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3952956
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dwu-battlestar-galactica-mod/

Nexus: Battlestar Galactica is an total conversion for the tactical space strategy game Nexus the Jupiter incident

http://nexusbattlestargalactica.webs.com/

download : https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/nexus-the-jupiter-incident-mod/nexus-battlestar-galactica-beta-4-1

Battlestar Galactica: War of the Colonies : a Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlestar-galactica-war-of-the-colonies/downloads/bsgwc-v-82

GDS_Starfury

from digging around the Steam forums it would seem that the BSG mod does work for HW2.  the mod devs have also given some pointers on how to work around certain problems for those that are having issues launching the game.
while it would be great if they would get to the remastered version I dont have a problem using HW2 classic.  the games graphics still hold up as does the 3d game play.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/406249773/392184342870742622/
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Destraex

Not long to wait.
"We have the date lots of people were waiting for :) Battlestar Galactica Deadlock will be out on PC and Steam on August 31st!"
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

acctingman

Holy fracking laser beams.....this is turn based?

I'm in love  :crazy2:

Sir Slash

This might be my first ever Space Battle game.  :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 02, 2017, 08:47:10 AM
from digging around the Steam forums it would seem that the BSG mod does work for HW2.  the mod devs have also given some pointers on how to work around certain problems for those that are having issues launching the game.
while it would be great if they would get to the remastered version I dont have a problem using HW2 classic.  the games graphics still hold up as does the 3d game play.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/406249773/392184342870742622/

The mod works for HW2 but many people have throuble running HW2 (even without any mods).  Like me they get a CTD at startup.

Martok

If this soundtrack is actually in the game, it just became a "must-buy" for me... 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Martok on August 02, 2017, 02:53:49 PM
If this soundtrack is actually in the game, it just became a "must-buy" for me... 


From the lets play previews, it certianly sounds like it is the soundtrack for the full game.  I'm not sure if it's actually Bear McCreary's compositions, but it sounds awfully close.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Bear McCreary's reimagined BSG soundtrack had a very homeworld feel to it. Which is probably why I liked that series so much. Apart from some of the best if not the best sci-fi ship to ship combat I have ever seen.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock on Twitch (recording of the live stream)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165670366

Content starts at 30 minute mark.

CJReich46

Hmm...I might be interested.

I might not have the most muscular machine so I might wait a bit.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose