Main Menu

The Mexican Dream

Started by Jarhead0331, August 29, 2017, 10:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Have two - don't be fooled by JH's cool facade

VICTORY
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

I'm just happy our Jewish Overlords settle for intellectual debate and not Thunderdome.  Though I'm pretty defenseless in the intellectual area also.   :idiot2:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Father Ted

Surely no one could equate offence at the prospect of two men getting married with that generated by the open support of a political movement which pursues genocide?

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2017, 12:31:43 PM
a legitimate religious conviction or belief.

See, for me, that is an oxymoron.  I realise this is a largely philosophical debate about state intervention we're having here, but sometimes there is room for moral relativism.

(sorry to get all serious again - was typing whilst the cake posts were made)


Jarhead0331

Quote from: Father Ted on August 30, 2017, 02:30:18 PM
Surely no one could equate offence at the prospect of two men getting married with that generated by the open support of a political movement which pursues genocide?


Says who? You? I, of course, agree with your position from a moral position, but I also believe the government should not take sides by determining what belief is more offensive as a rule. This is coming from a Jewish son of a Holocaust survivor.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: Father Ted on August 30, 2017, 02:30:18 PM
Surely no one could equate offence at the prospect of two men getting married with that generated by the open support of a political movement which pursues genocide?

That's the problem though, those that don't support same-sex marriage, and other non-PC views, are being equated to those that would support genocide. 

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Father Ted

Quote from: OJsDad on August 30, 2017, 02:55:33 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on August 30, 2017, 02:30:18 PM
Surely no one could equate offence at the prospect of two men getting married with that generated by the open support of a political movement which pursues genocide?

That's the problem though, those that don't support same-sex marriage, and other non-PC views, are being equated to those that would support genocide.

Is that really happening?

Also, and I realise this is veering off topic, but what is the general objection to same-sex marriage?  Who does it hurt?  Seems to me genocide hurts a whole lot more people.  So if you're worried that you may get lumped in with genocidal twats for being offended by it then why not let it go?  What would happen to your world?

OJsDad

Quote from: Father Ted on August 30, 2017, 05:20:28 PM
Also, and I realise this is veering off topic, but what is the general objection to same-sex marriage?  Who does it hurt?  Seems to me genocide hurts a whole lot more people.  So if you're worried that you may get lumped in with genocidal twats for being offended by it then why not let it go?  What would happen to your world?

I do let it go.  I work for a company that has embraced the LBGT community.  I've worked with many people that are gay over the years that I've been there.  I've worked with many gay people over that last 27 years. The company I work for has a support group for LBGT employees, along with ones for African Americans, Hispanics, and Woman.  I could look at another job that doesn't embrace homosexuality as much, but I do like my job and my co workers. 

I believe homosexuality is a sin.  But it's God that will pass judgement on them, and me.  No person has ever been appointed judge in God's place, except in their own mind.  There's a huge difference between thinking homosexuality is a sin and wanting to see people harmed because of it. 

But for some reason, because of my beliefs don't align with those on the some, they want to lump me and many others like me in with 'genocidal twats'.  And why is that.  Because too many people are unable to have a conversation and listen to what someone that has a different belief has to say.  Yep, there are people that think homosexuality is a sin that go too far and extreme with their beliefs also.  I've heard people say that what happened in Orlando was deserved because it was a gay club.  What happened there wasn't deserved for any reason. 

You ask what would happen to my world if I let it go.  Nothing.  But what would happen to my world if I told my employer that I think homosexuality is a sin.  I'd be fired for creating a hostile work environment, even though that's never happened.  If what I believed was make public, I, my wife, and my kids would be threated. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

FarAway Sooner

Jarhead, I realize that the legal question here is one about religious freedom.  But I'm more interested in what the law should be than what it is.  And I see both sides.

I really ask the question to call attention to the inconsistency on both sides. 

Mirth's example of a Nazi Lesbian Wedding Cake might make it too hard for people of any political stripe to decide where they land on this issue.  Most men would probably be heavily influenced by whether they were hot lesbians or not.  But we're kind of dogs that way.


SirAndrewD

Can we go back to being horrified about how bad this game is? 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni


Gusington

Shouldn't be, perhaps, but the developers have the right to make it and Steam the right to sell it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus