Main Menu

Union Friday Blues

Started by JudgeDredd, September 01, 2017, 01:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd



Man -  I was so hot for Blondie in my youth. This particular song I remember vividly.

My gaming this weekend will consist of my new love - PS4 and Madden NFL 18 with possibly some No Mans Land thrown in - though that's an outside chance.

Now I know how to get sound back into my F1 game (by Alt-Tabbing out and back in - a couple of times  :knuppel2: :idiot2:) I'll be continuing my career as a crap F1 driver for McLaren in F1 2017

And I think that's it. I've got a model which is painted and ready to be pieced together - but I'm struggling to find the drive because it's a 1/72 vehicle - very small for these old eyes.

Happy gaming everyone and have a good weekend whatever you do. And My sympathies to anyone here (or otherwise) affected by the storm hitting the southern states - good luck  :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MetalDog

Thanks, JD!  This weekend is the first full weekend of college football.  So Saturday will be spent mowing, Civ IV-ing and football-ing.  Sunday is the draft for our fantasy football league.  And Monday, which is a national holiday here in the States will be spent any damn well I please.  Happy gaming, Grogs!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Driving my youngest to Umass Honors today, so as of tonight we'll be empty nesters  :(.

This weekend will definitely try and get some World of Warships in. Started up another game of Stars in Shadows so will spend some time in that as well.

HoodedHorseJoe

Apart from Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, I'm playing No Man's Sky on the PS4. I like the look of Absolver as well, which I might pick up if it goes cheap.

In terms of upcoming whims, I might jump back in Distant Worlds Universe, or give Total War: Warhammer a go. I've never played it, but several of my peers say it's the best Total War and I'm interesting if good design can beat out the fact that I have zero interest in the Warhammer Fantasy universe.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Barthheart

Promise to get Jason the DC1:Warsaw to Paris turn 8 back to him on Saturday.
Playing some Battlestar Galactica... seems really cool so  far.
Playing some more No Man's Sky... great to just relax and explore.

Going to get a LnLT title on the game table... either my new Heroes of North Africa or a user made scenario for Heroes of the Motherland and the Solo module.

Sunday is pickling jalapenos from our garden.

Holiday Monday is more gaming.....  :D

Jarhead0331

Headed up to the mountains for the long holiday weekend, so it will be extremely light on gaming, and extremely heavy on hiking, shooting guns and driving ATVs. If I get back early enough on Monday, maybe some BSG: Deadlock and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr. Also, my neck and back has been really bad over the last month and a half and its finally getting better, so I'd like to get into a backlog of VR gaming, as well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Rayfer

Picked up the free-to-play Elder Scrolls Online MMO a few days back on Steam on sale for $9.99.  Hadn't played a fantasy MMO since World of Warcraft many years ago.  Got 20 hours in already with a now 11th level stealth assassin character.  Totally solo so far and enjoying it. I refuse to pay a monthly fee so I'll cap out at level 20 and move on to something else.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Rayfer on September 01, 2017, 09:55:40 AM
Picked up the free-to-play Elder Scrolls Online MMO a few days back on Steam on sale for $9.99.  Hadn't played a fantasy MMO since World of Warcraft many years ago.  Got 20 hours in already with a now 11th level stealth assassin character.  Totally solo so far and enjoying it. I refuse to pay a monthly fee so I'll cap out at level 20 and move on to something else.
Free to Play at $9.99? Bargain  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Cyrano

JTS Jena X2

Back playing SB:WWI with Boggit -- Gallipoli 8!!

Blood Bowl II Legendary Edition:  Finally, finally, finally BB is right on the PC.  My halfling horde will rule the pitch.

SoW: WL MP planned with my son

C&C:N LGB Vimero

Flight of the Eagle KS turns...much fighting...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bbmike

Busy weekend but I will try to work in some Battlestar Galactica Deadlock and maybe Age of Wonders 3.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Age of Charlemagne if I have the time and maybe back to my long-neglected ACW 2 campaign as the South. Monday will be 'No Labor Day' here about and more probably 'Throw Grandkids In The Pool Day'-- they're insured. And Dredd.... Blondie got me hot on a regular basis back in the day.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Blondie...such hawtness...and the music ain't bad :)

Continuing to smack around Fatimid Egypt as the Kingdom of Jerusalem in Medieval 2 Total War Crusades. 10 years on and it's still engrossing!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

My wife is a big Blonde fan.  We saw them 5 years or so ago when they toured after releasing a new album.

Some (listening) to college football.  I'm finishing my 2nd playthrough of Burma.

Rayfer

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 01, 2017, 09:58:37 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 01, 2017, 09:55:40 AM
Picked up the free-to-play Elder Scrolls Online MMO a few days back on Steam on sale for $9.99.  Hadn't played a fantasy MMO since World of Warcraft many years ago.  Got 20 hours in already with a now 11th level stealth assassin character.  Totally solo so far and enjoying it. I refuse to pay a monthly fee so I'll cap out at level 20 and move on to something else.
Free to Play at $9.99? Bargain  :crazy2:

LOL....touché.  No monthly fee would have been more exact.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Rayfer on September 01, 2017, 03:40:13 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 01, 2017, 09:58:37 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 01, 2017, 09:55:40 AM
Picked up the free-to-play Elder Scrolls Online MMO a few days back on Steam on sale for $9.99.  Hadn't played a fantasy MMO since World of Warcraft many years ago.  Got 20 hours in already with a now 11th level stealth assassin character.  Totally solo so far and enjoying it. I refuse to pay a monthly fee so I'll cap out at level 20 and move on to something else.
Free to Play at $9.99? Bargain  :crazy2:

LOL....touché.  No monthly fee would have been more exact.
O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people