Main Menu

Union Friday Blues

Started by JudgeDredd, September 01, 2017, 01:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Mamluks make me nervous. Mongols make me more nervous. Oh dear.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

The Mongol threat really got me thinking...'damn I gotta wrap this up before they get here!' So I wiped the Mamluks out, seized my 16th province, and satisfied the victory conditions!  :bd:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Medieval 2 has still got it...after I recover from this victory, I think I will replay the Teutonic campaign - and then finally move on to the Warhammer campaign :D It will be cool to compare and contrast the games over the course of 10 years!

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Been playing through Doom over the weekend. Man is that a great rebirth of a classic series.

Heading out to Radium Hot Springs on vacation tomorrow, but I'm taking Falling Sky, Gears of War, Terraforming Mars and Space Hulk : Death Angel with me for rainy day "I need to use every surface in this hotel room to fit this game" fun.  :)

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Gus.   O0  The Crusade Campaign is a real tough one to win. The Teutonic Knights are a real Mother to win. Very hard to make any money if I remember my feeble attempt correctly from so long ago. I miss this game. But I've found Age of Charlemagne to be a close relative. And a lot of fun. What about the New World Campaign for Medi TW 2? Gonna give it a try?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Never played the New World campaign...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Playing as the Indians was surprisingly enjoyable. Nothing funnier than a unit of Indian 12lb-ers.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

What European factions are available? Spain only?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yeah, Spain only if I remember correctly but I think England and or France may show-up on their own. Playable 'Native Americans' include Aztecs, Mayans, and I remember the Apache too. They're the ones that can adapt other factions tech including eventually gunpowder. Hard for me to remember it's been so long. Definitely the Crusades campaign was my favorite.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I liked them all (British Isles, Crusades, Teutonic) but the American Indian one never interested me...until now. Apache, eh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2017, 11:54:22 AM
The best Staples commercial ever has the dad dancing down the aisle at one of their stores to 'The Most Wonderful Time of the Year' - for back to school sales 😀

THE best back to school commercial was the Rubberband Man one from OfficeMax.  ^-^

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

#41
Not only did Barth get Turn 8 back here, but Turn 9 as well! I've promptly sent over Turn 10; but if he wants to concentrate on his turn in our next Crisis Grogs game, that's fine.

Also, the Crisis Grogs have started our FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO game. I'll post videos two turns at a time; and naturally I'll get the video to DC:Blitz (both turns at once in summary) up and running by this weekend probably.

Tried out the new map generator in Ark: Survival Evolved which I was very impressed with for about ten minutes, until I stepped in a small indentation in the ground next to a rock and triggered some sort of temporal trap forcing me to run slowly in place forever.  :buck2: No real way to self-destruct that I can recall, not that early in the game anyway, and quitting and reloading didn't work -- back in the temporal bug.  :pullhair:

But I've barely played any of the official maps anyway, so I expect I'll just restart with the Ragnarok map, which is the largest, most diverse one so far.

Edited to add: oh, and Jamus beat me on a quick WH40K:Soulstorm scrimmage! -- his Space Marines beat the tar out of my randomly assigned Dark Eldar, which are the faction I've the least experience with but still he's improving is capabilities there!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Congrats Gus!

I finished my second play-through of Burma.

Gusington

^Thanks airboy!

HAHAHA bbmike what if I were to tell you that I am the Rubberband Man? That commercial is great...never seen it before.

'LEMANADE' hahaha

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Played some Star Wars Battlefront with my son. Fun time, but I really suck - especially at the flying parts.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus