Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby

Started by MetalDog, September 29, 2017, 06:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




Today is the last work day before vacation WOOHOO!!!  I got plans for games and yardwork and sleep.  Lots and lots of sleep.  Might even spend a few minutes here during the day to see what goes on when I am making a dollar.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on September 29, 2017, 06:02:49 AM
Might even spend a few minutes here during the day to see what goes on when I am making a dollar.

you're not missing anything.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

I really liked Steve Miller Band when I was younger. Haven't really kept up with them though.

Project Cars 2, F1 2017 and work on my Space 1999 Eagle model...maybe get it finished, who knows.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Charity airsoft tournament for Brotherhood for the Fallen this weekend. It's a charity that supports the families of police officers killed in the line of duty. 400 participants, 40 teams! Should be a blast.

Anyway, maybe some limited gaming tonight. Will most likely explor total war warhammer part deux.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
Charity airsoft tournament for Brotherhood for the Fallen this weekend. It's a charity that supports the families of police officers killed in the line of duty. 400 participants, 40 teams! Should be a blast.
...
O0 :notworthy: O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Toonces

That airsoft tourny sounds like fun.  You going to bring that machine gun airsoft you have?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
Charity airsoft tournament for Brotherhood for the Fallen this weekend. It's a charity that supports the families of police officers killed in the line of duty. 400 participants, 40 teams! Should be a blast.

Awesome!   O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Off today soooo.

Just grabbed a snes classic "for the kids" but I need to test and make sure it works ;)

Some gaming then goin to see kingsmen.

Then more gaming.
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

Too early to commit to anything, but I hope to play some Total War Rome 2, Cold Waters, and perhaps some Scourge of War.

I reserve the right to change these choices once I actually sit down to play.   >:D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Moar overtime at work!  :bd: :hide:  :pullhair: (I don't get paid OT. But I'm a manager who sits in an air-conditioned office most of the day, so there are pros and cons.)

The ongoing OT has hit hard both directly and indirectly into my gaming, but I'm focused this weekend on getting my DC:Blitz AAR vs Barth caught up so I can play the next turn without simply getting farther behind!

The Crisis Grogs mp game of Fire in the Lake is going along nicely, but I won't be in a position to AAR that for a while -- need to finish Blitzing first.

My CM: Red Thunder match with Ysk continues; I'm getting some good footage there. (We haven't started Successors yet which is probably just as well since I'm about locked up on mp right now. But I'm looking forward to that, too, someday!)

I don't think I've got another ongoing mp game at the moment. In sp, I recently revisited Shadow of Mordor last night and discovered that I had never played the DLC missions, particularly the prequel called The Bright Lord which looks like it's also going to serve as a bit of a thematic bridge to Shadow of War upcoming. ShoM itself is on sale along with several other Warner Brothers games this weekend. (Mad Max is dirt cheap at less than $7.)











(The dusty post-apoc wasteland sandbox is DIRT! CHEAP!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Mad Max is the bomb-diggity. Is airsoft like paintball for Marines?

Having been smacked around real good this week, and particularly by Darkwood, I am going to retreat into the withered hands of The Witcher 3 and start Hearts of Stone.

Also eagerly anticipating getting sauced on one of my favorite beers - Pumking from Southern Tier Brewery.

Oh and getting moist loins for Shadow of War.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Tried ww2 cod.... no good. :(
Felt like I had auto aim on.
Run  n Gun... but hey it's COD.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

sandman2575

Picked up Sudden Strike 4 on the Steam sale.  I can't recall a game that has so captivated me solely on the basis of design. Everything about this game is beautiful and visually interesting. The vehicle animations -- the way the tanks lumber and come to a halt, leaving tracks in the mud -- even the infantry animations are just incredibly pleasing to behold. The environments / maps are also stunning -- and totally destructible. UI is streamlined and slick.

I have some concerns about the gameplay (truly absurd LOS limitations chief among them, as well as replayability for someone's who's strictly SP player) -- but man, just on the basis of production values, SS4 is a triumph.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on September 29, 2017, 07:43:06 AM
That airsoft tourny sounds like fun.  You going to bring that machine gun airsoft you have?

Unfortunately, no. Its indoor CQB only, so no full auto. I'll post pics of my gear in the general forum for those interested!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 08:22:30 AM
Is airsoft like paintball for Marines?

Nah...its like paintball except you shoot people with bbs instead of paint. The guns and gear is much more authentic than what you see in paintball.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18