Main Menu

Armored Brigade

Started by Veitikka, August 27, 2012, 01:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Veitikka

Hello, just heard about this forum. I hope it's ok to promote my own project, Armored Brigade, here. I've designed it to be my "perfect game". It's heavily influenced by Steel Panthers and Combat Mission, just to name a few. The game is freeware, and the plan is to make a commercial release in the future. The latest version 0.806 was released today.

http://www.armoredbrigade.com/

bayonetbrant

Greetings!  Talking about your own stuff is totally OK - or we might never get anywhere.

Tell us a little more about it - what are some of the features you culled from SP and CM?  What are some of the situations and scenarios you've built for the game?  What sorts of players are going to like it (ie, if you like ___ then you'll probably like Armored Brigade)?

Tell us more! Tell us more! Tell us more!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

There are a few of us around here who have dabbled in Armored Brigade and I think it has a lot of potential. I'll have to go get the current version.

And......yes. This is a good place to promote it. :)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

Welcome! Please share more about your game.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Yes.  I've definitely seen a few threads about this sim over the years, I think.  One not too long ago, in fact.

Anyway, welcome.  Really glad to have indie developers around!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MikeGER

Good to have you here  :)

i very well remember your project from another forum and last experimented with the 0710 version a bit then
high time to download your update 8) 

 

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Welcome.  I've played this one years back.  Maybe it's time to load it up again.

TheCommandTent

Welcome to the forums I look forward to hearing more about this game.  It looks like you are off to an interesting start.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Veitikka

#9
Many thanks for the welcomes! :)

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 27, 2012, 01:57:31 PM
Tell us a little more about it - what are some of the features you culled from SP and CM?  What are some of the situations and scenarios you've built for the game?  What sorts of players are going to like it (ie, if you like ___ then you'll probably like Armored Brigade)?

Well, personally I like to see this game as a real-time Steel Panthers, but some people have compared it to Combat Mission, Close Combat, TacOps and some other games. I'd say that UI-wise it's closest to Close Combat, but with improvements like the LOS tool and colored elevation maps. When it comes to the AI opponent I believe that it's at least on the same level or better when compared to the aforementioned games. Just remember that it is fully dynamic and must be able to handle any force/map/mission combination possible, as there aren't any canned scenarios yet. The player can select any area from the maps, which currently consist of 30,000 square kilometers (30 meter resolution) of Central Europe, and fight the battle there. Any other wargame that can do this? There's a lot of potential as these days the satellite data is readily available for everyone.

The unit scale and the level of modeling is probably closest to SP, as well as the terrain detail, although AB uses a grid instead of hexes.

AB is very moddable and it's easy to add new units, graphics, maps etc. This is actually one of the game's strengths, as I've kept everything simple to make it easy to add new content. All who are interested to help are welcome to the team. Maybe somebody wants to add his own country to the game?

LongBlade

Sounds cool. When can we see some preview code for the website? =)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Veitikka

Quote from: LongBlade on September 01, 2012, 10:14:03 AM
When can we see some preview code for the website? =)

Sorry but what do you mean by this?

Jarhead0331

^I don't think Longblade realized that the beta builds are publicly available on your site.  I'm sure someone on our staff will step up to write an impressions article for the main page!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2012, 05:54:51 PM
^I don't think Longblade realized that the beta builds are publicly available on your site.  I'm sure someone on our staff will step up to write an impressions article for the main page!

You're right. I need to get over there and look closely at the game. So many games, so little time...
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

^Orcs Must Die 2! is definitely a time sink.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18