Main Menu

Come and Go FRIDAY

Started by Tuna, November 10, 2017, 06:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

^ Oh.  Oh that's so bad.   #:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Lloyd Bridges is THE MAN in Hot Shots. I've seen that movie maybe 50 times and I still laugh every time he's on screen.

Kushan

Quote from: jamus34 on November 11, 2017, 05:01:39 PM
Kush I'm using a Necro and I get that same feeling with corpse explosion.

Completed my season journey today. Its the first time I've ever completed it. The 6 piece Uliana set bonus is insane, I thought I was clearing the screen before. Its almost ridiculous how fast I'm tearing through stuff.

I did play a little CMANO today. Started playing the Peeling the Onion scenario (nuclear strikes against the soviets in the 50s) while I watched Strategic Air Command on Amazon Prime.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

airboy

I was at MACE in Charlotte this weekend.  I played:
Savage Worlds Deadlands scenario
Dungeon Crawl Classics (a very chaotic driven system)
Call of Cthulhu (can't spell this morning)
Mansions of Madness tabletop
AD&D 2nd edition - 4th level characters
Ran my own Call of Cthulhu scenario

It was a very fun Con.  I played with a lot of fun people and had a good time.  Dungeon Crawl Classics ended up being a highpoint.  The magic system is extremely chaotic based on how you roll each single spell as cast.

I ended up buying a copy of Elder Sign and Mansions of Madness from dealers at the Con to (hopefully) keep them coming to the con.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on November 13, 2017, 09:34:26 AM


It was a very fun Con.  I played with a lot of fun people and had a good time.  Dungeon Crawl Classics ended up being a highpoint.  The magic system is extremely chaotic based on how you roll each single spell as cast.

I enjoy the ones with dangerous magic.  Tempting you to push the risk/reward scale.   :dreamer:

I had DCC on my wishlist for quite awhile because of it.  Now that the 4th printing has been out for a bit the price is quite reasonable on that big slab of tree.  Had just ordered one yesterday.

Quote
I ended up buying a copy of Elder Sign and Mansions of Madness from dealers at the Con to (hopefully) keep them coming to the con.

Orly? 

Mansions of Madness always enticed me; more so now that the App can run the Keeper side in 2nd Edition.  Just never got off the fence with so many other shinies constantly coming out these days.

Anguille

#50
I just got my first gaming laptop last week (second-hand Acer Nitro 17' for a very good price). So i find myself, for the first time in my life, in the position that i can play all the games i have (as well as the latest releases)!

So i've been having fun and here are the first games i'be been playing on it:

- Oriental Empires
- Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars
- Napoleon: Total War
- Civilization 6
- Dawn of Andromeda

Next games i will be playing on it (once i finish a campaign of each game above):

- Stellaris
- Starpoint Gemini 2
- Grand Ages Medieval

I also made some nice progress in my Romulan Empire Campaign in Birth of the Federation (the campaign i've been playing for ever). Took 2-3 colonies form the Cardassians and 2 colonies from the Federation. Cardassians have only 5-4 colonies left and none with Dilithium...going for the kill. Federation is going to take a Little longer. Klingons have only a few colonies and the Ferengi are on the other side of the galaxy with the largest Empire after mine...

Gusington

How are you liking Oriental Empires?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

#52
Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2017, 08:51:18 AM
How are you liking Oriental Empires?
I think it's a very decent game with lots of details. The design of the game has many comon points with Armada 2526 of course. You really are in control of many aspects in your empire. Can tell you more once i finish my first campaign. They are already working on a DLC i think which will expand the game even more.

jomni


Gusington

From what I've read the last update gave Oriental Empires a true campaign that fleshes it out a lot. I have read about some dlc but I don't think I've seen any further details anywhere.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Is Mansions of Madness similar to Arkham Horror?

I have the latter, though I've yet to play it.

airboy

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 15, 2017, 09:56:54 AM
Is Mansions of Madness similar to Arkham Horror?

I have the latter, though I've yet to play it.

I've not played Arkham Horror.

Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition has an accompanying app that can be run off of a phone or tablet.  It provides background sounds as well as showing which tiles get laid out when you open a door, peer around a corner, etc....   With the sound and the map being discovered as you would notice when it crosses your line of sight there is a pretty strong horror feel.  A lot is unknown, just like it would be in real life. 

Supposedly, the tiles lay out differently and the options are randomized.

We had five players and the difficulty was pretty high.  The difficulty is ramped up given the number of players for game balance.  But our players kept separating from each other which meant there was no mutual support in combat.  This is not a complaint on my part, it is just how the game played out.

I bought it at the Con and will get around to playing it before the end of the year.  We have approximately 70 guests coming to the house on Friday for a wedding reception for local friends married in another State last month.  The wife owns me until Friday's event is over.

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on November 15, 2017, 08:50:53 AM
From what I've read the last update gave Oriental Empires a true campaign that fleshes it out a lot. I have read about some dlc but I don't think I've seen any further details anywhere.
It seems it's going to be about Tibet

Gusington

Really?? That is fantastic. Any details or links?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille