Main Menu

Christmas Wargame Sales

Started by airboy, November 20, 2017, 06:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero

Quote from: chemkid on November 22, 2017, 12:23:26 PM
btw, anyone know how 'Scourge of War' series performs on old (7+ years) hardware?

Should run fine : https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/scourge-of-war-waterloo/12996

You could always try the demo (http://www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.shtml) for Scourge of War: Gettysburg.
Other Scourge of War games should have similar (low) requirements.

Cougar_DK

-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

chemkid

@pete - thanks, i'll give it whirl.

hey pete! i always read your name as 'Don Petro' - today was the first to recognize the 'pete' in there... ;)

chemkid

Quote from: Cougar_DK on November 22, 2017, 02:53:53 PM
Gary Grigsby's War in the East with 70% discount from Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/370540/Gary_Grigsbys_War_in_the_East/


Worth it?

this gem is always 'worth it'!   :bd:  even with wite2 around the corner...

Pete Dero

Quote from: Cougar_DK on November 22, 2017, 02:53:53 PM
Gary Grigsby's War in the East with 70% discount from Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/370540/Gary_Grigsbys_War_in_the_East/


Worth it?

Selling games like that at such a price should be illegal !

Yes it is worth it.

You can get more or less the same price at Matrix (and also get a steam key) http://www.matrixgames.com/store/product.asp?gid=372
(bigger part of the profit goes to Matrix)

Pete Dero

Quote from: chemkid on November 22, 2017, 02:55:47 PM
@pete - thanks, i'll give it whirl.

hey pete! i always read your name as 'Don Petro' - today was the first to recognize the 'pete' in there... ;)

How do you know my Italian Mafia alias ?  I hope the horsehead in your bed won't scare you to much  >:D.

Barthheart

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 22, 2017, 03:01:12 PM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on November 22, 2017, 02:53:53 PM
Gary Grigsby's War in the East with 70% discount from Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/370540/Gary_Grigsbys_War_in_the_East/


Worth it?

Selling games like that at such a price should be illegal !

Yes it is worth it.

You can get more or less the same price at Matrix (and also get a steam key) http://www.matrixgames.com/store/product.asp?gid=372
(bigger part of the profit goes to Matrix)

Is the AI any good or is the game only really good as MP?

Pete Dero

A little of topic, but this starts to bother me a bit :

We already imported Halloween a couple of years ago.


Now this Friday many shops have a Black Friday sale.

BUT I live in Belgium and we don't have Thanksgiving !!
Most people I talk with don't even know the origin of it.

Sales marketing can go a bit too far.

End of rant.


Barthheart

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 22, 2017, 03:20:19 PM
A little of topic, but this starts to bother me a bit :

We already imported Halloween a couple of years ago.


Now this Friday many shops have a Black Friday sale.

BUT I live in Belgium and we don't have Thanksgiving !!
Most people I talk with don't even know the origin of it.

Sales marketing can go a bit too far.

End of rant.

It's spread up here too .... and our Thanksgiving was over a month ago....

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 22, 2017, 03:20:19 PM
A little of topic, but this starts to bother me a bit :

We already imported Halloween a couple of years ago.


Now this Friday many shops have a Black Friday sale.

BUT I live in Belgium and we don't have Thanksgiving !!
Most people I talk with don't even know the origin of it.

Sales marketing can go a bit too far.

End of rant.


We like to export our wonderful holiday consumerism. 

The expansion continues..   

All your consumption base belong to us!   >:D

Vintage Dude

It looks like Steam has started their sale. Almost everything on my wish list is now discounted. It wasn't like that yesterday.

bbmike

Yeah, Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa is only $19.49. I think I need to buy it!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Game Matz is offering 20% off of all game mats with the code "FRIDAY" right now.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bbmike on November 22, 2017, 06:01:37 PM
Yeah, Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa is only $19.49. I think I need to buy it!  :o
You do - it's fantastic. There's so many other things to do than just move chits about. You really have to think about decisions and read reports and care about what's going on.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on November 22, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on November 22, 2017, 03:20:19 PM
A little of topic, but this starts to bother me a bit :

We already imported Halloween a couple of years ago.


Now this Friday many shops have a Black Friday sale.

BUT I live in Belgium and we don't have Thanksgiving !!
Most people I talk with don't even know the origin of it.

Sales marketing can go a bit too far.

End of rant.

It's spread up here too .... and our Thanksgiving was over a month ago....

It's especially annoying in that it's expanding faster than my ex did.  Now there's pre-Black Friday and Black Friday week, Black Friday in July, etc.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to buying stuff I don't have any use for.