Rising Storm2:Vietnam - Australians are free on Tuesday, November 28th

Started by Destraex, November 26, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

      Australians will be added to the Vietnam game Rising Storm 2: Vietnam this week.
      New weapons new maps and even a new American weapon. The new US weapon is kind of controversial. I think it's a tiny carbine that was not really used by anybody but special forces. Special forces are not really depicted in the game.

      Approximately 60,000 Australians served in the war; 521 were killed and more than 3,000 were wounded. Consciption was introduced here just like in America.
      Our diggers were treated like crap just like the US grunts when they got home. (although some claim this is not true)
      Australians were allowed to carry out their own independent command and tactical style. Although they were required to co-operate with their overall larger area of operations Americans when they conducted the larger co-ordinated strategic operations.

      Long Tan our most famous battle had the Aussies with a strength of about 100 men face 1,500–2,500 men and win. With m113 and arty support
      I must also mention the NZ men that also served with the Australians. It is said that the Vietnamese had a fair amount of respect for the Australian troops.

      We had a lot of our own chopper transport including Australian designed improvised gunships. The Bushrangers (patch name)


Australia had a lot of navy vessels involved including two carriers which were really just used as supply ferries.



  • 5 New Weapons: The L1A1 Battle Rifle, L2A1 LMG, Owens SMG, F1 SMG, and the Browning Hi Power pistol
    New Helicopter - The Bushranger Huey Gunship
    New Commander Ability - Canberra Bomber

[/list]

Australian Forces will be fighting it out in 3 new official maps

  • TE-Rung Sac - a new landscape to learn and conquer
    SU-Operation Forrest - the largest stock map to date
    TE-Long Tan - bringing darkness and the rain as new factors players will need to consider

Some Aussie footage of our soldiers with an Aussie song about the vietnam war


[/list]

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/rising-storm-2-vietnam/rs2-vietnam-news-and-announcements/news-and-announcements-ag/2309361-bushranger-content-update-release-date-announcement



"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Is anyone really playing this? Doesn't seem nearly as popular as the WWII version.

Since I'm much more into a sp experience, every time I get the urge for some Nam gaming, I play Unsung Vietnam for ARMA. It's really an amazing accomplishment.

Anyway, glad to RS expanding and cool to see those FALs!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

I used to play a lot of this. Good enough server population then.

Nefaro

I'd be playing this one, if I were into FPSes right now.

When I get the rare FPS urge, it's top of the list.  Especially if they keep adding more stuff.   :bd:

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 26, 2017, 06:29:33 PM
Is anyone really playing this? Doesn't seem nearly as popular as the WWII version.

Since I'm much more into a sp experience, every time I get the urge for some Nam gaming, I play Unsung Vietnam for ARMA. It's really an amazing accomplishment.

Anyway, glad to RS expanding and cool to see those FALs!

There are always full servers in my region. I have 4 or 5 mates that love it. I think its the best multiplayer Vietnam experience there is. I must check out the arms mod sometime. Is there a huge population for it or is it mainly single player? I assume unsung is for arma3?

Some rising storm 2 Vietnam servers have a huge amount of good quality community maps on rotation and auto download. Keeps it fresh.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

The Aussies will be hard to play as well. They do not have the same squad automatic firepower as the americans or vietnamese do.
Most diggers are armed with the SLR which is only semi auto.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Toonces

You know, I'm not sure I even realized Aussies fought in the Vietnam War.  What was their interest in the conflict?  Was it just supporting an ally?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on November 27, 2017, 07:17:24 AM
You know, I'm not sure I even realized Aussies fought in the Vietnam War.  What was their interest in the conflict?  Was it just supporting an ally?

Cause killing commies was all the rage back then. Australia, like the US, was committed to stemming the Red tide.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

Huh.  Well damn man, I guess I should have known this.  I consider myself pretty well-read but Aussie participation in Vietnam was something I haven't come across before; or if I have, I'd forgotten it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 27, 2017, 07:21:18 AM
Quote from: Toonces on November 27, 2017, 07:17:24 AM
You know, I'm not sure I even realized Aussies fought in the Vietnam War.  What was their interest in the conflict?  Was it just supporting an ally?

Cause killing commies was all the rage back then. Australia, like the US, was committed to stemming the Red tide.

You also have Korea, Philippines, etc.

Jarhead0331

^yup. South Koreans in country were particularly feared by the Vietcong and NVA.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

I knew about the S. Koreans, and that they are total bad asses.  I suspect that will be a DLC at some point as well?

Frankly I had completely forgotten about this game.  I'm going to need to pick this up over the Xmas break and see what it's all about.  I love Rising Storm 1/Red Orchestra 2.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

Toonces it's $12 right now for the next little while until the sales are over.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Oh and since federation we have supported either the British empire or the united states. We were not really around as a country to support the Brits in the war of independence. 1788 was when our colonial history began.
These days its a balance of old security alliances with the US and trade partnerships with the Chinese.
I am reading "Australian military operations in Vietnam by albert palazzo" for a bit of background.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"