Right set of NATO symbols?

Started by CaptainKoloth, December 15, 2017, 10:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

That's really cool.  I knew there had to be some games that used the German symbols.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2017, 11:56:13 PM
I'm sure that there is one, but I cannot think of any.

Summer Lightning uses German symbols for the Germans and NATO symbols for the Poles



Into The Bear Trap uses Soviet symbology



Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2017, 11:56:13 PM
The real heretics use silhouettes to identify the type of unit.  :)

suckit

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 15, 2017, 10:54:46 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2017, 10:44:08 PM
WW2 game?
The v with artillery is an anti-tank tank destroyer (artillery with anti-tank guns) if it had an oval it'd be a self-propelled anti-tank tank destroyer (tanks with anti-tank guns).
The inverted v with the line is anti-air.

The US symbols were standardize post-WW2 to what is now referred to as NATO symbols.   

They are both WW2, perhaps that's the difference. WW2 symbols differed from the present NATO ones?

Welcome to Groghead CaptainKoloth!.. Don't let all the side comments scare you away, just peoples way of having fun. Also the people that want to have impressive post counts to, this helps them get their totals up.  :crazy2: Just kidding of course, I hope you get the information you're looking for a lot knowledgeable Groggy's on here.

Bison

What game are the photo counters from?

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison


CaptainKoloth

#21
Quote from: Tuna on December 16, 2017, 09:10:02 AM
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 15, 2017, 10:54:46 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2017, 10:44:08 PM
WW2 game?
The v with artillery is an anti-tank tank destroyer (artillery with anti-tank guns) if it had an oval it'd be a self-propelled anti-tank tank destroyer (tanks with anti-tank guns).
The inverted v with the line is anti-air.

The US symbols were standardize post-WW2 to what is now referred to as NATO symbols.   



They are both WW2, perhaps that's the difference. WW2 symbols differed from the present NATO ones?

Welcome to Groghead CaptainKoloth!.. Don't let all the side comments scare you away, just peoples way of having fun. Also the people that want to have impressive post counts to, this helps them get their totals up.  :crazy2: Just kidding of course, I hope you get the information you're looking for a lot knowledgeable Groggy's on here.

Yes, people are astonishingly knowledgeable here! Imagine that, you ask a question on a forum and you actually... get a good answer??? A lot of them! That basically never happpens anywhere else.

Tuna


bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 16, 2017, 09:59:43 AM
Quote from: Tuna on December 16, 2017, 09:54:29 AM
Nice FRONT PAGE Brandt!!!  ::)

who is this "brandt" guy?

So many unsolved mysteries around here.   It's time to call in Robert Stack.

bbmike

I would prefer Leonard Nimoy. You know, "In Search Of...Brandt"!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Quote from: bbmike on December 16, 2017, 10:07:27 AM
I would prefer Leonard Nimoy. You know, "In Search Of...Brandt"!

;D

Tuna


jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

"Billions and billions of counters..."
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys