Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

Ice CREAM Trolls go good with chocolate sauce on top.  :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

No, I'm 'unique'. I want to play as the Vampires but I can't get excited by the total-badass, muscled, Super Villain-looking Vampire Lord guy. I'm more of a suave, cultured-but-menacing Count Dracula vampire kind of person who wouldn't get his hands dirty wielding a sword or axe. Skeletons and zombies I'm OK with, even giant bats. But my idea of a Vampire Lord is more of an undead James Bond type. Maybe I am a weirdo.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Told you.

None of the lords you can choose from are refined enough?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

No. I'm talking Bela Lagosi refined. Maybe the guy from LOTR/Star Wars, you know Saruoman. Or a really hot chick vamp queen.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ian C

Before I pay $160 for WH 1 & 2 so I can play the uber campaign, I have to ask...

Is it a good game?


Gusington

I love the Norsca campaign in the first game and I'm just a casual WH fan at most. Can't wait to play Empire, Vampire and Dwarf campaigns. And then Dark Elves in the second game. This doesn't even take in to account the Mortal Empires campaign.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I can't speak for WH 2 Ian but WH 1 is about as good as a TW game can get I think. I never thought I'd be able to embrace the fantasy aspect but it actually makes the game more enjoyable. Flying Units and Magic give combat a real tweak and the different factions play very much different from each other. The game's got a lot to for you to learn but it is fun learning it. Best Total War since Shogun 2 easy.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Yeah I felt exactly the same way about the magic and creature (hesitant) but they've done a great job. And Slash is correct it really is a fun game to learn, very addicting.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Thanks guys, I'll add it to my list.

W8taminute

I agree with Slash as well.  I don't have WH2 but WH1 is definitely fun.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Fanatical is currently running a Total War sale.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/search?search=total%20war

Warhammer stuff has discounts.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I kinda wanna get II for the Skaven but I've yet to finish a campaign in I yet.  I got fairly far with the dwarves but then everyone surrounding me was my ally so there was nobody to attack.  Then some chaos death pile showed up and killed my 3 best generals and their armies.