Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fabius

Yeah, understood. But just that when it was released there was talk of back porting and balancing skills for WH1 races to gel with the WH2's

Gusington

^I think that has mostly been done except for Norsca.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

fabius

Ah cheers. Think it's a must try at some point. I was weak the other day, string now, but can I hold out for the inevitable 50% sale.  :arr:

Gusington

Warhammer Total War can be found for even more than 50% off now. The 2nd one - not yet.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 06, 2018, 09:00:14 AM
It's on GOG; I own it and played it a bit. Played it a LOT back in the day though.

I copied the mp3 soundtrack to CD long ago, paired it with the more epic parts of the soundtrack to Total Annihilation. (And also the darker folkier cuts from the Wheel of Time soundtrack.)

I still listen to the collection (now dubbed "FANTASY ANNIHILATION") on mp3, although very annoyingly the player in my new Toyota doesn't understand folders so all the music on my usb stick might as well be randomized.  :pullhair:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

#1115
Quote from: Gusington on February 06, 2018, 09:11:02 AM
No it was definitely D&D or AD&D and came out about the same time as War of the Lance and Pool of Radiance.

Hrm. Sword of Aragon came out around then, or a year later really, but it wasn't D&D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Strategic_Simulations_games

Crossreference with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons_video_games

"Fantasy Empires" was the game I mentioned based verrrrrryyyy loosely on Red Arrow, Black Shield. (The War of the Lance adaptation was much more faithful as a port of the hex wargame.)

Maybe it was "Stronghold"? I forgot that was officially a DnD game. It's also available on GoG, btw (which I also didn't know).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

The ambitious but super-buggy next-gen D&D strategy game I talked about earlier was Birthright: the Gorgon's Alliance. This was made around the same time that Interplay got the theoretically genius idea of using the Descent gameplay engine to make a game with their D&D license. It was even more of a buggy unplayable mess.  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

That was it: Sword of Aragon!! My bad, I thought it was D&D.

Anyhoo I always wanted to play Sword of Aragon and drooled over the idea of a fantasy wargame like it.

A few have scratched the itch over the years, like Endless Legend and Age of Wonders, but Warhammer TW really gets to that pinnacle of awesomeosity.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I remember that one. I never could afford it at the time cause I was young, broke, and working two jobs. But I drooled on many a boxes of the game at the mall.  :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^I must have been right next to you. I still think the box art is great.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

A game I never got around to buying (much like SSI's D&D Stronghold -- itself an unsung gem), but I dang well remember the art vividly!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I would've married that box if it could cook.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The box made me a sandwich.

After 350 turns I fear my Norsca campaign may be coming to an end. I have hit 3 of 6 of my objectives, but I don't think I will be able to survive the triggered Chaos invasions. I am one of 4 or 5 surviving factions too.

It has been a good run. And I fell in love with the game! Can't wait to try out some other factions.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd