Main Menu

Guild Wars 2

Started by Huw the Poo, September 01, 2012, 07:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

I wonder how many days the game will continued to be updatede every time I start:(  I am guessing they are just working out the kinks, but a pain that each time seems like I always have to wait and download something first.

Bison

How do you like the game play?  I'm logging on in a few hours and need to add a few you all to my friends list.

Huw the Poo

Each patch only takes a few seconds to download though.  I'm really appreciative of today's update; all the text on the world map is suddenly a lot easier to see.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 06:09:22 PM
How do you like the game play?  I'm logging on in a few hours and need to add a few you all to my friends list.

I am not great at this game and to be honest not sure what I should be doing...I am just running around killing stuff.....but I do enjoy myself.  I really like the fact that I am playing solo, but can join up with people in events and killing things.....

Bison

Hehe.  That sounds like me.  I know that you can craft but damned if I know how.  I know there are class trainer, but I have no idea where they are.  I do know if I run toward the circle on the map that I get to kill stuff.

Tpek

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 06:09:22 PM
How do you like the game play?  I'm logging on in a few hours and need to add a few you all to my friends list.

Heh, I'm just off for the day (it's 3AM here).

Btw, don't forget to make sure you are representing the guild when you play. This we, we earn influence and can get cooler stuff sooner :)

Bison


Grim.Reaper

Has anyone found any good strategy guides or sites that help explain what you should be doing?  I don't want to really cheat or anything, but I just get the feeling I am missing a lot in this game and I don't want to play forever to only find out I missed something important early on:)

Bison

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 06, 2012, 07:33:10 PM
Has anyone found any good strategy guides or sites that help explain what you should be doing?  I don't want to really cheat or anything, but I just get the feeling I am missing a lot in this game and I don't want to play forever to only find out I missed something important early on:)

Story of my life and MMOs.

Kushan

Is the story different if you choose to play a different class but as the same race as another character. I have my human guardian and was thinking of starting an elementalist. If they are both human do they have the exact same story quests?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 06, 2012, 07:33:10 PM
Has anyone found any good strategy guides or sites that help explain what you should be doing?  I don't want to really cheat or anything, but I just get the feeling I am missing a lot in this game and I don't want to play forever to only find out I missed something important early on:)

Players often create Beginner/Noob Guides on MMO forums, along with some class-specific ones that are more detailed about strategies for them.

If there aren't many around yet, there will be before long.  I'd say check their forums and also do searches for the game's wiki pages - there's often more than one, plus various MMO websites have resource centers for everything you need to know.  Internetz to da rescues!

Huw the Poo

I haven't looked up any guides yet so can't recommend any, but if you're stuck for stuff to do, make sure you visit the scouts (marked by telescopes on the map).  They'll show you where the main activities are - but there's plenty of other stuff to be found too.  In my experience the starter areas aren't quite so great for finding random stuff to do, but the other areas are.

Kushan - the story doesn't differ between classes, but it does differ between races and also depending on certain choices you make during character creation.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on September 06, 2012, 11:49:08 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 06, 2012, 07:33:10 PM
Has anyone found any good strategy guides or sites that help explain what you should be doing?  I don't want to really cheat or anything, but I just get the feeling I am missing a lot in this game and I don't want to play forever to only find out I missed something important early on:)

Players often create Beginner/Noob Guides on MMO forums, along with some class-specific ones that are more detailed about strategies for them.

If there aren't many around yet, there will be before long.  I'd say check their forums and also do searches for the game's wiki pages - there's often more than one, plus various MMO websites have resource centers for everything you need to know.  Internetz to da rescues!

Player made guides are often FAR better. If not merely for the reason they can constantly update them.
MMOs tend to get updated often, with balance changes, and such stuff that tends to render old guides obsolete.
So those paperback guides aren't that worthwhile past the first few weeks of the game.

Grim.Reaper

So I guess my main concern is getting to level 80 and regretting that I did not complete something I should have on Level 1 and impacts my gameplay from that point forward.  Is that even possible?  Or is the game structured in a way that you can miss things and still do well?  I just have no idea if I should be crafting, buying, selling, what quests, etc.  Should I have taken the loot from the dead person? etc.

Tpek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 07, 2012, 05:51:31 AM
So I guess my main concern is getting to level 80 and regretting that I did not complete something I should have on Level 1 and impacts my gameplay from that point forward.  Is that even possible?  Or is the game structured in a way that you can miss things and still do well?  I just have no idea if I should be crafting, buying, selling, what quests, etc.  Should I have taken the loot from the dead person? etc.

The game is actually structured in a way that you get rewarded for even completing lower level content.
Which is why your level is artificially temporarily dropped when entering these low-level zones. (Though you still earn loot according to your real level)