Main Menu

Call your friday

Started by Anguille, April 06, 2018, 01:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero

Not much gaming but this will take up my sunday :


Cyrano

Jena KS -- I am going to REGRET saying this, but:  the end is nigh.  Maybe not here, but NIGH.  Nigh is near, not far.

Auerstedt game with Doug -- I really want to punch Bernadotte in the face.  Punching his corpse would likely not bring me this satisfaction, but it is tempting.

Friedland game with Doug -- This one is shaping up to be immensely fun.  Even if my guy has ALL the guns.

Playtest game with Doug.

FoG2 tournament round 2.  Romans vs. Palmyrans.  I'm good when I'm playing the Romans anyway.

GLOOMHAVEN -- party up against some pretty awesome choices.

@BC:  I suspect I'll be accused of repetition here, but Blood Bowl -- as all games, really -- should only be played MP. There are something like a billion leagues running so there is zero reason to play against the A.I.  They really finally did nail this design and I love this implementation.

And, I'm sure, some C&C:Napoleonics.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

CJReich46

Well...in Retail World. It's inventory...  :buck2: 

However I am off today.  But I do think I'm going to do some gaming this weekend.

But I'm not as consistent as I plan on something I just say "hmmm how about this?"

So I have been playing Stellaris with some mods or Neverwinter Nights Diamond, but I have been really chomping on the bit for CK II.

I watched a You Tube player who did a "No Frills/DLC" Let's play as Sicily/Apuila and it was interesting! So maybe I will give that a go.

But we'll see. :) I am enjoying my day off today.
 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

FarAway Sooner

I'm going to kick the tires on Through the Ages, which I picked up after reading the thread here.  My inclination is to go for the tech-heavy/production-heavy early start, leading to military parity in the midgame that I favor in all 4x games and see how well that transfers to the card game world.

We'll see if I end up playing Athens to the Spartans!   ;D

airboy

My new Falcon has not arrived yet.  So unless I want to play an older game on a laptop nothing computer wise for me.

Sir Slash

I need to get back to my Dwarf Warhammer TW Campaign soon too-- don't want to keep THOSE guys waiting.  :knuppel2:   But right now I'm taking the Darthmod for Empire Total War out for a spin to see how she handles today. Have Groggy weekend guys.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

At the moment I am totally gripped by Warframe and The Division on the PS4.  That's where most of my gaming time will be spent.

On ye olde puter, I'm sure I'll be continuing my multiplayer game of Stellaris tomorrow night (I've given up on my single player game) and we'll almost certainly have a game of Rusted Warfare.

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 06, 2018, 04:20:57 AM
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.

I'm in the same boat. Very sad.

Same as solops and JH...so I'm downloading stuff I got in old sales that I never really got into just to see what they are about.  Todays it's a HoI game called Darkest Hour.

Greybriar

Quote from: Rayfer on April 06, 2018, 11:47:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 06, 2018, 04:20:57 AM
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.

I'm in the same boat. Very sad.

Same as solops and JH...so I'm downloading stuff I got in old sales that I never really got into just to see what they are about.  Todays it's a HoI game called Darkest Hour.

Darkest Hour is a good game despite being seven years old. I hope you enjoy it and find it worth your time.

Finding a new game I truly enjoy playing is like grasping at straws--nothing interests me and what does usually ends up as a disappointment. I had high hopes for a number of new releases and every one of them let me down.

So now I mostly read or watch movies. Today I will do my taxes; what a way to pass the time. *sigh*
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.

This has been my mode for months now.

I keep screwing up and trying to force myself back into a PC game, but the short attempts just keep failing.    :hide:

Normally I'd switch to tabletop gaming or painting, but that's not enticed me much either.  Hrmm.  As Gus says, "Better start drinking!"   :buck2:




Gusington

Better start drinking indeed...you guys are depressing me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

First and foremost I am prepping my Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign. It's a lot of work, but I am loving every minute of it.

Factorio for some relaxation and some Monster Hunter World for some skill training.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

solops

Drinking! (slaps forehead) Of course, how obvious! I still have most of a case of wine I bought two years ago, not to mention wine and whiskey I keep getting as gifts. Doctors keep telling me a drink or two each day is good for anti-cancer and stress (heart). I keep forgetting to imbibe... think I had a drink at Christmas. OK, time to get healthy!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:06:09 PM
not to mention wine and whiskey I keep getting as gifts

Do you mind if we share friends?

Gusington

Solops man - you have some drinking to catch up on.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd