Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

Quote from: W8taminute on May 30, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
just submitted my request for a refund even though I've got 3 hours clocked and bought the game over 14 days ago.  let's see what they say.

Good luck.  I tried it once with a game in which I had 4 hours in and was one day past the time limit. Got shot down.  But good luck anyway!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 30, 2018, 10:59:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 08:15:47 AM
Invaded a la Realm Divide in Shogun 2?

  it must be kinda horrible.  Nobody talks about it much.  As Wessex, I get to face the morale equivalent of William the Conquerer as the Morale equivalent of Harold Wodenson (PS -- or better Godwinson, I think -- must look this up) with the Housekarls and Fyrd and whatnot versus every cutthroat adventurer and mercenary, Warrior Bishop (yes, I'm looking at you Odo) and Papal Banner Enthusiast in NW Europe.

  The Good, the Bad and the Bearded: Wessex and the Fyrd get rolling against some other Anglo-Saxons:

Gusington

That guy left of center is me at the end of every work day.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2018, 05:18:46 PM
That guy left of center is me at the end of every work day.

   Nobody in the mob seems to be sure why that guy is so excited.  My theory is he is screaming:  "I want a shield with a boss!  Even a six peg boss!"

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My theory is the guy behind him isn't watching where he's pointing his spear. I've been there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Quote from: W8taminute on May 30, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
just submitted my request for a refund even though I've got 3 hours clocked and bought the game over 14 days ago.  let's see what they say.

What was the issue for you?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 31, 2018, 06:59:38 PM
My theory is the guy behind him isn't watching where he's pointing his spear. I've been there.

  Good point.  There are other peculiarities...a missing arm on the right-most man (caused by the nearness of the camera).  But maybe he is concerned about the effects of the diversification mod as the Viking with the black shield may be.  Perhaps he is worried about suddenly getting one of those poorly applied black beard disguises such as the man on his right seems to have:


Sir Slash

There sure are a lot of blond guys with identical beards in ancient Britain. Somebody's Daddy was VERY active.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 01, 2018, 11:27:44 AM
There sure are a lot of blond guys with identical beards in ancient Britain. Somebody's Daddy was VERY active.

  Supposedly I'm running a mod that creates more than the standard 3 appearances per formation.  i think I see four in that image: basic Viking with forked beard, worried viking with black shield and mohawk, guy with slapped on fake black beard, guys with mustaches and pony tails.   But I'm not sure what counts as "different" since they all have the same fur suits.  I'm also running a mod to bring longbows to Wessex, but I haven't seen those yet either.

W8taminute

Quote from: Rayfer on May 30, 2018, 08:45:24 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 30, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
just submitted my request for a refund even though I've got 3 hours clocked and bought the game over 14 days ago.  let's see what they say.

Good luck.  I tried it once with a game in which I had 4 hours in and was one day past the time limit. Got shot down.  But good luck anyway!

I got shot down because I exceeded the 14 day return window.  Not surprised but thought I'd give it a try.


Quote from: mikeck on May 31, 2018, 08:01:16 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 30, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
just submitted my request for a refund even though I've got 3 hours clocked and bought the game over 14 days ago.  let's see what they say.

What was the issue for you?

They game didn't excite me the way the pre-release 'let's plays' on YouTube portrayed the game.  I can't really put my finger on why I was bored to tears with the game.  Now that I can't return it I'll probably put some time into it just to see if it grows on me.  All I can say is that I'm bored with the gameplay mechanics of the TW series enough to consider taking off the upcoming China game off my wishlist which is a shame. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao



  Fighting in Devon.  Wessex has the short victory.   Now I guess its time to build up for holding off the Normans:

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

joram

Quote from: MengJiao on May 31, 2018, 03:23:55 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 30, 2018, 10:59:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 08:15:47 AM
Invaded a la Realm Divide in Shogun 2?

  it must be kinda horrible.  Nobody talks about it much.  As Wessex, I get to face the morale equivalent of William the Conquerer as the Morale equivalent of Harold Wodenson (PS -- or better Godwinson, I think -- must look this up) with the Housekarls and Fyrd and whatnot versus every cutthroat adventurer and mercenary, Warrior Bishop (yes, I'm looking at you Odo) and Papal Banner Enthusiast in NW Europe.

  The Good, the Bad and the Bearded: Wessex and the Fyrd get rolling against some other Anglo-Saxons:
Why do they all look like Freddy Mercury!