The Cost of a President

Started by LongBlade, September 27, 2012, 05:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Just ran across this article. Apparently the Obama family costs taxpayers $1.4 billion a year with all the entertainment, staff, and electioneering added together.

QuoteGray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the "total cost of the presidency," factoring the cost of the "biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever," a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One "running with the frequency of a scheduled air line."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpayers-spent-1-4-billion-on-obama-family-last-year-perks-questioned-in-new-book/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

I'm curious how that compares to other Presidents.  Is that normal? close to normal? abnormal in which direction (high/low)?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 27, 2012, 05:58:16 AM
I'm curious how that compares to other Presidents.  Is that normal? close to normal? abnormal in which direction (high/low)?

I was looking for that, too. Best I could find in the article is a 50% increase in czars.

From the tone it's obvious that this is a big number and out of line from "normal" but they didn't really tell us what "normal" is. That isn't good. I'll see if I can dig around some more.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

I'm shocked that the article involves someone promoting a new book.  :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus