Main Menu

Microprose

Started by Jarhead0331, January 27, 2020, 01:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

They keep posting pictures of the B17 and I keep wishing that they partner with DCS.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

The_Admiral

They won't - but they won't need to, especially with that sort of following ;)

Destraex

I know. But I guess then the question here will be if the b17 from microprose will be up to dcs's clickable and ever improving simulation standards.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on February 29, 2020, 05:19:09 PM
I know. But I guess then the question here will be if the b17 from microprose will be up to dcs's clickable and ever improving simulation standards.

Did you ever play the Mighty 8th? All they need to do is update it to current standards. If they changed nothing else, it would still be exceptional.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Destraex

I did not play the mighty eighth. To qualify that, a friend gifted the game to me on steam about a year ago after gushing to me about it. But although having a brief look, I could see how it would have been amazing for it's day. I did not really feel like playing through with it. I have too many other things like DCS that I need to get around to deep diving into. I might be a customer for the new one. The feeling I get is that the new game will not have a DCS professional flight model, but will be more immersive than a DCS game would be.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

The_Admiral

Nah don't hope for a DCS thing. As Jarhead says, they're going for a remake.
There is little sense in trying to compete with DCS in that area. Microprose is staying true to its legacy of the early 1990s - the first and foremost objective is a comprehensive sim with polished gameplay.
As such, the plan is to make a product that makes you want to read the manual to get better, not a product that requires you to read the manual to even start one engine.

Destraex

Yeah if it gets me interested that would be great. I do struggle to get motivated to play DCS a lot of the time. Like a lot of games. I love the concept. But the implementation is the problem. The motivation.
I just wish they did B24 Liberators this time around.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

The_Admiral

Careful with what you wish - or not... ;)
Can't say much more  ^-^

Skoop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 29, 2020, 05:22:09 PM
Quote from: Destraex on February 29, 2020, 05:19:09 PM
I know. But I guess then the question here will be if the b17 from microprose will be up to dcs's clickable and ever improving simulation standards.

Did you ever play the Mighty 8th? All they need to do is update it to current standards. If they changed nothing else, it would still be exceptional.

Man, the Mighty 8th in todays graphics would be amazing.

DoctorQuest

#54
No lie, Bwana......
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

SirAndrewD

Man, yeah, I'm not interested in DCS B-17.   I'm 100% fine with the Mighty Eighth updated.   That's plenty good for me. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 01, 2020, 06:34:38 PM
Man, yeah, I'm not interested in DCS B-17.   I'm 100% fine with the Mighty Eighth updated.   That's plenty good for me.

You mean you're not interested in the button mashing, cockpit simulator known as DCS?

8 BUTTON PRESSES TO FIRE A MISSILE IN THE GAZELLE. F*CKING EIGHT!!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on March 01, 2020, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 01, 2020, 06:34:38 PM
Man, yeah, I'm not interested in DCS B-17.   I'm 100% fine with the Mighty Eighth updated.   That's plenty good for me.

You mean you're not interested in the button mashing, cockpit simulator known as DCS?

8 BUTTON PRESSES TO FIRE A MISSILE IN THE GAZELLE. F*CKING EIGHT!!

You're always complaining about combat games not being realistic enough. Now, we have a sim that offers unprecedented authenticity, and...you're complaining.  :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Apocalypse 31

There's a sweet spot that very few can achieve.