Mount and Blade Bannerlord

Started by Bison, June 12, 2017, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

It will be available for purchase at 6am eastern time on Monday, March 30th surprised me it would be that early since a lot of games I buy aren't available until late morning/early afternoon.  Nice surprise.  Saw base price will be $49.99 but as others have mentioned, can get additional discounts at the start.

If you are just buying early, you'll get 10% off and will roughly cost you $45.

If you buy early and you own prior Mount & Blade stuff (additional 10% off), it will roughly cost you $40.

It will be hard for me not to purchase upon sight:)

Toonces

Ah man.  I didn't realize this was early access. 

Not a day 1 purchase.  I shall await your impressions, Grogs.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I am pretty much on eco-lockdown except for essential purchases. I am very interested and would get both discounts but I will feel guilty even for 40.00 right now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I'm going to have no problem early adopting. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Yskonyn

The newsletter Taleworlds sent is a little worrying. They state that if you want to experience all that Bannerlord will have to offer, they strongly recommend waiting for full release.
Early adopters should be ready to encounter bugs and missing features.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 30, 2020, 03:12:42 AM
The newsletter Taleworlds sent is a little worrying. They state that if you want to experience all that Bannerlord will have to offer, they strongly recommend waiting for full release.
Early adopters should be ready to encounter bugs and missing features.

Haven't seen the newsletter, but I'm kind of not surprised. A game taking this long to come out, and then launching into Early Access anyway. It'd almost be too good to be true if it launched in a nearly perfect.

I've been playing the Mount & Blade games though since the very first one came out and it was just the Husband/Wife dev team. If anyone gets my money no-questions asked, it'd be these guys.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Ian C

The STEAM reviews are pointless so far.

People are giving it a thumbs-up after less than an hour of play simply because they can play it and the one negative review is because it crashes for that person.

Useless.




ArizonaTank

downloading now...download is a slow
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

Greenman Gaming has a VIP voucher giving 26% off. Total came to like $38.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mikeck

I've wanted this game for a long time....but I have to face facts: games that take years and years to come out after multiple delays usually end up being busted. I hope it's not the case but to develop the game for this long and only be early access raises a flag that there is some type of issue that they can't seem to overcome.

I'll wait a bit to see if it's playable but I'm sure I'll get it anyway.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MOS:96B2P

Below is a U-Tube video about the game.  A first play type video.  I'm still watching the video but its interesting so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvof77tl6xQ

hellfish6

I played about three hours. BLUF: It's Mount and Blade with much better graphics and a bit more interaction with the world than previous. The controls are immediately familiar, as is combat, and enjoyable. There are factions in the cities to have relations with - merchants, craftsmen, guilds and thugs - that can give you missions. A big part of the game I haven't really touched yet is establishing your clan/house/tribe. I'll get around to it eventually, but I'm still mostly playing with the map and wandering around.

No massive bugs so far, but some small ones. I took a mission from a thug to fight off his competitors and about half of them spawned on a rooftop rather than the alley and without ranged weapons you can't do much about that.

Overall, it's definitely M&B2. If you liked the originals, you'll like this too. That said, I recently got Pathfinder: Kingmaker on a Steam sale and I'm still heavily involved in it. I'll come back to M&B2 once I need a breather again.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: hellfish6 on March 30, 2020, 10:30:59 AM
I played about three hours. BLUF: It's Mount and Blade with much better graphics and a bit more interaction with the world than previous. The controls are immediately familiar, as is combat, and enjoyable. There are factions in the cities to have relations with - merchants, craftsmen, guilds and thugs - that can give you missions. A big part of the game I haven't really touched yet is establishing your clan/house/tribe. I'll get around to it eventually, but I'm still mostly playing with the map and wandering around.

No massive bugs so far, but some small ones. I took a mission from a thug to fight off his competitors and about half of them spawned on a rooftop rather than the alley and without ranged weapons you can't do much about that.

Overall, it's definitely M&B2. If you liked the originals, you'll like this too. That said, I recently got Pathfinder: Kingmaker on a Steam sale and I'm still heavily involved in it. I'll come back to M&B2 once I need a breather again.

Agreed. It really feels just like an updated M&B. Some might see this as a great thing. Others might see it as bad, since it feels so much like the older title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


SirAndrewD

It's a real burden on the hardware.

I was running it very smoothly, but my 2080Ti was at 99% load and running at 80C.   

I know that's still inside the safe zone on heat, but man, never seen anything get it that hot.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback