Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Advice

Started by devoncop, April 20, 2020, 04:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

solops

Quote from: Trooperc7 on April 21, 2020, 05:38:17 AM
I cant think of a game that does space battles as well as Sins!
I prefer Sword of the Stars 1 tac battles.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Anguille

Quote from: solops on April 21, 2020, 02:42:42 PM
Quote from: Trooperc7 on April 21, 2020, 05:38:17 AM
I cant think of a game that does space battles as well as Sins!
I prefer Sword of the Stars 1 tac battles.
I prefered the ones from Conquest: frontier wars...

All good games.

Martok

Sins is a RTS game, not a 4x.  It doesn't matter what Stardock and Ironclad call it. 

I'm not saying it's a bad game, just that it's mislabeled. 




Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 21, 2020, 05:46:02 AM
Quote from: Trooperc7 on April 21, 2020, 05:38:17 AM
I cant think of a game that does space battles as well as Sins!

Homeworld. Vastly superior. Still the one king to rule them all.
Polaris Sector and Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock are also better than Sins. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: devoncop on April 20, 2020, 04:45:46 AM
Hi Guys

As a die hard turn based strategy guy who is of an age to avoid click fests like the plague, am I right to avoid picking up Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion which is on a big discount on Humble Bundle for the next few hours ?

It seems to have truly great reviews but the idea of controlling huge fleets as well as every planet in a far flung Empire all in real time does give me some pre traumatic stress  :)

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Funny you brought this up, I noticed this was in my Steam library and honestly have no clue how it got there lol

Have been going through all the tutorials for a couple nights and will start a real game soon. Also as Jarhead0331 mentioned there are a ton of great mods out there including the Star Wars/Star Trek universe. I installed this graphics mod and it made the graphics better, and installing a mod is super simple. Any questions please ask.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/sinsre

devoncop

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on April 25, 2020, 12:38:48 AM
Quote from: devoncop on April 20, 2020, 04:45:46 AM
Hi Guys

As a die hard turn based strategy guy who is of an age to avoid click fests like the plague, am I right to avoid picking up Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion which is on a big discount on Humble Bundle for the next few hours ?

It seems to have truly great reviews but the idea of controlling huge fleets as well as every planet in a far flung Empire all in real time does give me some pre traumatic stress  :)

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Funny you brought this up, I noticed this was in my Steam library and honestly have no clue how it got there lol

Have been going through all the tutorials for a couple nights and will start a real game soon. Also as Jarhead0331 mentioned there are a ton of great mods out there including the Star Wars/Star Trek universe. I installed this graphics mod and it made the graphics better, and installing a mod is super simple. Any questions please ask.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/sinsre


Thanks for that.

I am surprisingly having a lot of fun (not always successfully!) with it. Not a clickfest but definitely not as involved on the planetary management side as I am used to . A real time wargame in space in the main.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games