Two New Turn-Based Games Coming Soon!

Started by trek, April 11, 2020, 09:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

trek

Any one here going to buy Gears Tactics (April 28) or Wasteland 3 (May 19)?

Gears is especially made from the ground-up for PC. PC Gamer has a preview video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP-BcogjnBl

Several YouTubers doing extensive walkthroughs of Wasteland 3 too.

Both games look like they will add some new innovations and excitement to the turn-based genre. I hear Gears has already gone gold.

Rayfer

#1
The YouTube link says 'video unavailable'.  But a Wasteland 3 sounds interesting.  Wasteland 3 'let's play' video from YouTube...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pez08-7qU

trek

Yeah, don't know why its' doing that. I'll try this preview from RPS:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTL9KhBdjeU

Grim.Reaper

Looking forward to Gear Tactics, luckily it is coming to game Pass so no need for me to buy:)

Gusington

Very much looking forward to Gears Tactics, but the price is too high at release. Definitely buying once the price comes down, though.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

pretty early preload for gear tactics.....downloading now

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I appear to have drunk-preordered Wasteland 3.  Whenever I have access to it I'll be sure to report in.   :coolsmiley:
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

kludger

Preloading Gears Tactics on Xbox Gamepass PC now too, looking forward to it from the previews.

W8taminute

Looks good but the price of admission is too high.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I agree. Once that sweet sale hits though...I'M POUNCING.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Does Gears Tactics use actual Action Points?  Or is it based on the two-action system from 2012 XCOM?  If it's the latter, it's a hard pass from me.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

al_infierno

Quote from: al_infierno on April 27, 2020, 02:35:51 PM
Does Gears Tactics use actual Action Points?  Or is it based on the two-action system from 2012 XCOM?  If it's the latter, it's a hard pass from me.

According to some comments I found on Reddit, it seems this game uses a 3 action point system with opportunities to "regain" action points through things like kills.  Color me intrigued...
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Jarhead0331

#14
Quote from: al_infierno on April 29, 2020, 10:09:35 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on April 27, 2020, 02:35:51 PM
Does Gears Tactics use actual Action Points?  Or is it based on the two-action system from 2012 XCOM?  If it's the latter, it's a hard pass from me.

According to some comments I found on Reddit, it seems this game uses a 3 action point system with opportunities to "regain" action points through things like kills.  Color me intrigued...

This is correct. Each gear has three action points and there are perks that can result in gaining or recovering APs during a turn.

It's a really good tactical game so far. The main problem for me is that I never liked the GoW universe. Very little about the story, plot, world and units appeals to me. The gears look ridiculous and something about them, the soldiers, the weapons, the vehicles, looks completely out of place in the game world and environment. It just kills it for me. Always has. Very early on, the cover mechanic and 5e chainsaw bayonet caught my attention, but my interest in those features faded after the first game in the series.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18