Favorite PC Game Soundtracks of All Time

Started by Gusington, August 18, 2020, 02:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Looks like this thread was needed more than we thought.

Actually listening to this right now.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart


Father Ted

Okay, so some things I DIDN'T turn off:

Elite II  (not really a soundtrack to be fair, just a lot of rocking classical music)
Sim City 2000 - just loved that noodly little synthy lift music
Medieval Total War - had appropriate monkish singing interspersed with bird song
Rome Total War - similarly evocative of the period somehow. But thinking about it, what was Roman music?

Jarhead0331

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3...







...and of course:

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Either the original Shogun Total War or the original Medieval Total War soundtrack are my favorite of all time.



✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Darkest Dungeon has my favorite moody, atmospheric hub theme:




Oh, and of course, can't have one of these threads without the Diablo 1 Tristram theme:

I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

planetbrain

Frontier-Elite II Intro sound was great.
MOO2 music was/is about the only one I don't turn off while playing. Provides ambience.
CMSF/SF2 isn't too bad.
Mostly harmless

glen55

I usually turn the sound off and listen to my own music, but No One Lives Forever is an exception:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoV1N_Um1ZA

(I wish I was smart like you guys (with actual Youtubes showing in your posts).)
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

JasonPratt

I SHALL WRITE A TOME!!!  :D :bd:

Not only do I rip game music and listen to it while driving (and occasionally at the computer working, including at actual work), and spend hours editing other people's game rips, I even have outright SPENT REAL MONEY buying game soundtracks. I own physical copies of all the Final Fantasy games up through FF9, for example, on disc. I set the Beatitudes and some other Gospel sermon material to the main Final Fantasy theme as found in FF8. And performed it at church one Sunday. I set the lyrics to a couple of verses of "Once to Every Man and Nation" to the menu theme song of Shadow of the Horned Rat! -- and performed that at church!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: glen55 on August 18, 2020, 06:59:02 PM


(I wish I was smart like you guys (with actual Youtubes showing in your posts).)

The trick is to right-click on the middle of the video while it's playing (or paused), choose "copy video url", and then in the composition window left-click the youtube button (or type the code tags manually) pasting in the middle of the tags.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Some of my favorite music is from games. Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind all come to mind. I was working today while listening to the original Shogun too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

paplan

25 yrs later, this is stuck in my mind.

I am a mechanical, I am a mechanical, I am a mechanical man....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap6QaDBZJwM