Favorite PC Game Soundtracks of All Time

Started by Gusington, August 18, 2020, 02:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

#15
"I'm a medieval man."

(Not really the best track on the OST, but the climactic end of the track is pretty good.)



(Partly relevant: I mixed this soundtrack with Shadow of the Horned Rat for an album.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

Pharaoh/Cleopatra - probably one of my favorite soundtracks of a game.

Homeworld - Adagio for Strings "Agnus Dei" (definitely)

Europa Universalis II - (and never duplicated) "In Vernali Tempore"



" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Con


ComradeP

The various instrumental versions of Civil War songs in Civil War Generals 2: Grant, Lee, Sherman are very nice.



The menu theme from The Great Battles of Caesar. One of the most memorable menu themes in any of the games I've played, it gets you in the mood right away.



The Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret soundtracks are awesome as well.

The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Gusington

^I very much regret never playing the Crusader games :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Listening to the original Diablo soundtrack right now and it is awesome.

:notworthy:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Hands down Age of Conan for me. I still play it at volume once in a while.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Myrmidon

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War soundtrack always stands out to me.  Many games, I over time ended up turning off the soundtrack while playing.  Never with the Warhammer 40K series.

+1 to Mass Effect, Skyrim and EU2 soundtracks already mentioned. 



W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2020, 07:09:07 PM
Some of my favorite music is from games. Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind all come to mind...

Yeah, the Elder Scrolls themes from the last three games have to be among the best. There are some awesome versions done by very talented musicians on youtube.


My favorite though?

The original DOOM theme played through a Roland MT32 synthesizer or an equivalent top-notch emulator.

The MT32 is pretty good with the various Monkey Island soundtracks as well.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Anguille

#28
Here are some of my favorites:

Knights of Honor: i've spent hours with this....amanzing music:



Quote from: ComradeP on August 19, 2020, 09:56:18 AM
The various instrumental versions of Civil War songs in Civil War Generals 2: Grant, Lee, Sherman are very nice.




That's also one of my favorites.

Civilization 6 has fantastic music:


I really like the soundrack of the new Master of Orion game:



Endless Space 2:



Oche