King Without a FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 02, 2020, 07:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yskonyn

Carl, all the best!

I am still stuck in solitary confinement as the coughing won't quit. The family can go out again tomorrow, finally! They are going to visit the beach, good on them!

I have been totally sucked in by Deep Rock Galactic, in fact, there hasn't been a game in years that did this so much. It feels like I am 18 all over again, skipping class, playing games all day. :)
I do have little energie for complex stuff, however, but the excellence of DRG is that it let's you choose your playstyle; low intensity or blood pumping crazyness.
I find it rather relaxing to run the low intensity mining mission to farm resources. Its simple, fun and rewarding, so that's going to be the bulk of my gametime this weekend (as it has been for the last 5 days or so... *grin*).   O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

^You sir are living the quarantine dream.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

paplan

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 02, 2020, 08:06:51 AM
Think I've got gout; right foot feels terrible in and around the ankle and I'm hobbling around with a cane now of all things.  Fuck old age.

So, to celebrate a shitty body, I'm going to self-flagellate some more and fire up the World of Tanks/Warships and suffer the dips that ping the map or tell me to "uninstall and die."

Wheeee!

Hey Carl--I know your pain.  I've got gout as well.  Runs in my family.
Go see you primary care doc.  He/she can make a definitive diagnosis based on joint aspiration, or a provisional diagnosis based on history, physical exam, and uric acid level (blood test). There are drugs that really work for gout.

I'm an MD, and I know a bit about the pathophysiology of gout.

Based on personal experience:
1) Allopurinol is a wonder drug.  It blocks production of uric acid.  I went from 2-3 attacks per year to zero in the past 15 years after beginning this med.
2)  Prednisone is helpful for acute attacks.  But its not a long term solution.
3)  Older docs might try to prescribe colchicine.  Dont take it.  Its a horrible drug.  Will give you bad diarrhea, abdominal cramps.  And doesnt work that well for gout pain.
4)  Non-medical treatment includes avoiding shelfish, steak, and alcohol.  3 of the 4 major food groups in my mind.  In my personal case, i dont avoid any of these, and as long as I take allopurinol, I'm fine.