Unity Of Command II Blitzkrieg

Started by Ian C, November 05, 2020, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^Thanks Al - UoCII sounds like the winner to me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

It's really difficult. Supply and logistics is the killer. I don't think I've quiet mastered the supply system.

Also, two issues. First, there doesn't seem to be a save system. Just when you exist the scenario it saves. Is there something I'm missing? Second, resolution. The best I can get in full screen is like 1600x1200 and in windowed mode it's something close to 2560x1440. I can't get it to 3840x2160.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I got my ass kicked justly by the first game, so I am broken in already.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Stop it! You're scaring me.  :hide:  I like my games like I like my women, pretty, simple, fun, and easily refundable.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

You'll get none of that here! UoC is no floozy.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

UoC is a harsh mistress.

Which is why there is no save system; at least, what JH describes reminds me EXACTLY of UoC1.

This raises a question I haven't answered by playing it myself yet,  ::) :crazy2: , but part of the harsh mistressity of UoC1 was a random weather system that could not be turned off, or even turned to historical. And the weather will ABSOLUTELY RUIN any of your plans in UoC1, because there are only a few narrowly different ways to get to your objectives in time and no way (due to the time scale) to re-adjust your plans for random weather effects. Is UoC2 still like that?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

#36
Quote from: JasonPratt on November 10, 2020, 02:09:26 PM
Is UoC2 still like that?

UoC2 feels a lot less prescriptive in the "correct" way to do things now.  The maps tend to be bigger and more open-ended than UoC1 (a bit ironic since that was the eastern front game), and there's a lot more optional objectives.  Also, there's now a difficulty slider, which adjusts the turn limit giving you more time on easier difficulties.

Oh, and to answer your question about weather - I've not noticed any catastrophic effects from weather, but it still seems to be more or less random.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

^Good points, I do remember feeling that UoC felt puzzle like and there were some who did not like that puzzle feeling.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd