Main Menu

ALEA JACTA EST

Started by Bismarck, August 20, 2012, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

Playing as Caesar or sulla is somewhat easy. try the big scenario as Pompey or the "Marius v Sulla" as Marius for a challenge. I am an ageod vet and have not beaten Sulla with Marius. Also, make sure the AI gets "extra time" and has a medium fog of war advantage.Pompey and Marius is where its at!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Kushan

Yea, I'm pretty sure my 6 legions isn't that realistic. I had a 6-8 supply wagons with them. I never built one supply wagon, they just appeared in captured cities or where at battle had been fought. I assume they had been captured from the enemy. I obviously don't read the message log as thoroughly as I should. I never really did have a supply shortage with the wagons. When they got low I would rest the army in passive mode in a coastal city to resupply. I think cohesion should be tweaked a little bit as well. The only time I noticed mine drop significantly was when I marched one of my forces from the far end of Iberia back Italy. Took 3 turns to get back, rested them for 2-3 and they were ready for action.

If I recall from my time on the RTW EB temp years ago, a typical consular legion during the republican era was 2 roman and 1-2 allied legions. The only reason created my doom stack was to counter a few that the AI had, but the AI didn't seem to concentrate its forces on one spot. The Italian raiders arrived at once, then split into 4-6 smaller forces.

Thanks mikeck. I figured that scenarios were balanced so that one side had it easier the the other. I do have give extra AI checked. I'll set the AI detection range up to its recommended setting. I'm also going to set attrition up to a higher setting, for myself and not the AI if possible.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 24, 2012, 06:18:37 PM
so hows the gameplay? immerssion? ai? strategy?

or is everyone just...............

photocopying the manual?

Gameplay is quick and smooth.  Lots of fun things to do.  The AI is enterprising, even sneaky.  I haven't played enough
to comment on overall strategic fun, but it looks promising.

Cougar_DK

Is there difference between the versions from Matrix, GamersGate and ageod?

Besides the obvious giving the money directly to ageod  :)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Cougar_DK on October 08, 2012, 01:37:58 PM
Is there difference between the versions from Matrix, GamersGate and ageod?

Besides the obvious giving the money directly to ageod  :)

Not that I am aware of besides likely the download/install method.  It was originally a better deal to download from Ageod because you got earlier and extra scenario.

JudgeDredd

I'm loving this game. It's getting alot of attention from me - and I don't get the era - no historical knowledge of the time at all.

It's got immersion - a seemingly good AI (or I am very poor - which is also true mind) - brilliant graphics and gameplay seems fairly swift.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 08, 2012, 01:48:12 PM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on October 08, 2012, 01:37:58 PM
Is there difference between the versions from Matrix, GamersGate and ageod?

Besides the obvious giving the money directly to ageod  :)

Not that I am aware of besides likely the download/install method.  It was originally a better deal to download from Ageod because you got earlier and extra scenario.

Thanks GR
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Keunert

1. Rome, nice city and all.
2. Caesar, the evil twat that lost agains a little Gallic village.
3. Augustus likes Britain but does love the Med even more.
4. Claudius takes over Britain.
5. Roman Legionairs invent soccer in Britannia in 41 dc
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Gusington

How are the AGEOD veterans here liking AJE compared to previous releases?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I wouldn't call myself a veteran - but I'd like to pass my thoughts on...

I had Birth of America - and liked it after a while
I got Wars in America - and fired it up occasionally but never really got into it
I got American Civil War - and I wanted to like it - but I just kept firing it up and looking and going "Oh my god" and getting the hell out of there
I got ProN and fired it up and left!
I got AJE and didn't fire it up for the first couple of weks of having it - and I actually love this game! It's kicking my arse and I'm still getting a buzz out of playing it!

Well WELL worth the money - what was it? Like £19 or something? Crazy value for money.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

^I feel a certain kinship with what you have posted. I have some AGEOD titles but have always been intimidated. I already own AJE! I need some precious time to immerse myself. Knowing that a similar person to me is loving it gives me confidence :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bismarck

Better than PoN; more depth than WiA or ACW.
Jim Cobb

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 08, 2012, 03:58:52 PM
Accessible depth?

Since there's no intricate Army organization required, it's certainly more accessible.  That doesn't mean it's easy per se, but it's more like Wars In America with the extra unit creation and region decisions available of later games in the series.

Gusington

^Fair enough. Most importantly I guess what I am asking is if the complexity is still fun. If it is, then I have a lot to be psyched about. If AJE feels like work to get to the good stuff it will be much harder for me to stick with it for the payoff.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd