Fights in Tight Spaces

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, February 25, 2021, 03:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I picked this up from the Epic Store yesterday (Because it was 45¢ cheaper there than on Steam).  I like the style a lot.  I'm not sure about the gameplay yet.  I seem to be really bad at this game (or it's really hard) but I keep coming back to it.  I haven't even come close to beating the first level (You vs. a bunch of Scandinavian bikers).  I thought I was going to to do it on my last run but then ninjas happened.

I don't think I'd pay full price for it but if you spot it for $10 or so and you like deck builders, I'd say give it a whirl.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Looks like John Wick Hex with way better visuals.  Count me intrigued!
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Much like John Wick, the movement is not very fluid.  It's because the game uses a grid system so everyone is always turning at precise 90 degree angles when they move.  The animations for the individual combat moves are very well done, they just don't flow together well when moving from one animation to the next.

Still, I like it.  I beat the biker level and now I'm on to a prison fight.


Philistine

It's a mash-up of John Wick and Into the Breach-using card mechanics.  You have perfect knowledge of your opponents moves, and have limited movement/attack options, here given by the cards in your hand, and a lot of the play is getting the opponents to attack each other, or setting up cascading moves, ala Into the Breach.

I played the hell out the demo, and quite liked it.

--Philistine