Statesboro Friday Blues

Started by Tripoli, November 12, 2021, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

BoC work, CMO and Flashpoint AARs. 

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MengJiao

 :notworthy:

Nice.  Once, after my car was hit by lightning (or close enough to do some "close encounters" kinds of things to the electrical system...yep.  I stopped and bought this on a CD.

Anyway.  Having a lightning-free week-end  and playing boardgames and John tiller games covering things from 1794 to 1813 so far.

Gusington

Continuing with Resident Evil: Village and shopping for new underwear.

Next in the queue is likely Greedfall and finally the 1212AD mod for Total War: Attila, most likely as Wallachia. Oh and some Age of Empires II - The Definitive Edition campaigns. So many to choose from now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

#3
As for me I actually have Today and Sunday off. So I work just till close tomorrow night.

So, today has been a bit of Solasta with the Dun Cuin adventure. 

After the Caer Falcarn adventure which led the party of  Sable (halfling thief) Feanor (Half-Elf/ Draconian Sorcerer) Sonya (Human Paladin) and Angus (Human Cleric) to explore the caves and mines near Copparan mostly to defeat a devious plot of necromancy, our heroes are exploring the ruins of a fortress called Dun Cuin in pursuit of someone who disappeared.

Finished Dun Cuin. This one had some interesting puzzles to figure out, not to mention very tense fights.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

nelmsm

Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy

Tripoli

Quote from: nelmsm on November 12, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy

I hope you mend quickly, but not so quickly that it interferes with your gaming schedule ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Ditto! Don't play anything strenuous for the next several days. And nap when needed....which is pretty-much my routine every day.  Get better nelmsm.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

pochepiller

Still playing Kards, a ww2 theme card game.
Trying battlefield 204something
and reading too, its raining outside.

jamus34

Grin Dawn
Heroes of the Storm if any of my crew is around
Shin Megami Tensei V

Plus a crap ton of yard work tomorrow
Insert witty comment here.

Destraex

Star Citizen - 3.15 is a mess at the moment. But it's hot and we enjoyed it last night.
Some of the lads were checking out trade lanes while I took one guy to man a turret on bounty\combat missions.
Now you have to choose a home planet this time around and so because for most of the guys this was their first time in 3.15, we were all leaving our home planets.
We used a large ship and found out the hard way that this large ship really should not be in gravity. We had a really hard time getting the Starfarer to clear atmosphere. When we finally did break into orbit and got near a space station in need of refuelling, we were out of fuel! It took 20 minutes of cajolling and scooping to get enough fuel even to manoever. I'd start the engines get to turn for a few seconds and then lose control in a spin. Eventually got her down though.
In the mean time one of my friends had picked up my co-pilot and would be gunner (my gunship for the dogfighting was all the way over at Port Ollisar) had been picked up by another mate and taken on a trade run. The poor bugger had been sitting their or falling over as I massaged the huge dead ship and tried to get in a position to land. To add insult to injury either the sun was in my eyes or it was pitch black making it hard to see the station when I did line up.
From here I waited for my gunner because he had died after falling on something and getting hurt somehow in a vacuum and had spawned back in hospital on our home planet below. Another friend had logged on and after much chenanigans, managed to pickup my friend from hospital and get them both in a ship he had landed out on the ice of New Babbage to avoid parking fines and ship storage a main pad would require for the time. They eventually got into orbit and picked me up. We got to port ollisar and into our heavy fighter finally for a few missions that made us money and gave us standing.
Back at port ollisar refueling and rearming for more missions we went in to get food and water. Our ship got destroyed on the pad by a ship called the 400i with the unique player name of Knobby. He was simply blowing everything up that spawned on a pad.
One of my friends EVA'ed out to his ship and glitched into the side of it when it turned and hit him. He ended up inside the ship and was able to shoot the pilot in the back of the head without prejudice. The whole server was cheering and this troll logged off. Knobby the 400i was ours to play with until it despawned.


War Thunder Ships - think I will try a few missions of this as WOWs is getting very samish. I play it because friends do and I like ships rather than any real need to play either of these poker based games.

Knobby the troll piloted by my friend after jacking it from a pirate/troll who had been jumping in and out destroying everything. This is one of the few ships in game at the moment that can be player named.
[img image=1024]https://i.imgur.com/D0cx5jP.png[/img]

Finally Getting out of atmosphere


Look at that fuel level


Still landed her... eventually




Waiting for my friends to pick me up




Nice. On our way to Port Ollisar


If you are not seated and the ship moves with enough G forces... off you go over on your back.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

nelmsm

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Doing pretty good except for getting tired quick.

CJReich46

Quote from: nelmsm on November 12, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy

Get well soon.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

Quote from: nelmsm on November 12, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy
Well yeah. Get well. I know somebody who has been told they need this removed but has been holding off for years.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

Me too. I worked with a nurse who held-off getting her's removed until her insurance would kick-in to cover it. She was VERY ill, could barely eat anything without getting very nauseous and sick. She lived on water and crackers and little else for a couple of months. Not a pleasant experience.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.