Distant Worlds 2 Formal Announcement

Started by Jarhead0331, January 26, 2021, 09:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille


SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 03, 2022, 01:05:44 PM
Come on skoop. Please keep the politics out of this.


Preordered. 

I'm gonnna Make the Milky Way Great Again.   :D
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 07, 2022, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 03, 2022, 01:05:44 PM
Come on skoop. Please keep the politics out of this.


Preordered. 

I'm gonnna Make the Milky Way Great Again.   :D

Haha!  Nice.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CJReich46

#123
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

SirAndrewD

Quote from: W8taminute on March 08, 2022, 08:20:23 AM
Haha!  Nice.

We're going to build a Dyson Sphere and make the Glorzbax pay for it!

Ok, I'll stop. 

Seriously though, I've been looking forward to this one. I'm hoping this is finally the modern 4X game that scratches my itch.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 07, 2022, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 03, 2022, 01:05:44 PM
Come on skoop. Please keep the politics out of this.


Preordered. 

I'm gonnna Make the Milky Way Great Again.   :D


:DD

Anguille


devoncop

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

CJReich46

Quote from: devoncop on March 09, 2022, 11:18:08 AM
Only another 24 hours guys  :bd:

I know :) I can't wait. I work tonight, but I have off tomorrow and Friday.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

Just got a notification on my phone that DW2 is out!!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bobarossa

#130
Just got my email.  Downloading now.  4.8 GB! 
edit: and now North America 1 server has 64 out of 20 available download streams used! I'm still running full speed but I'm on NA 2 server.

Anguille

Barely runs on my gaming computer.... :(

Skoop

I'm not a big 4x Sci-fi guy, but how does distant worlds compare to stellaris ?  I ask because I own stellaris, but is DW far better, or is it apples vs oranges ?

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on March 10, 2022, 12:26:18 PM
Barely runs on my gaming computer.... :(

Oh no this is not good news.  I have had some concerns that this game might not run good on my gaming rig either.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

#134
Quote from: Anguille on March 10, 2022, 12:26:18 PM
Barely runs on my gaming computer.... :(

It looks like a few folk have had issues but many like myself have had no problems at all. Apparently a hotfix is coming out in the next 24/48 hours that should sort out your issues. It seems that as long as your specs are okay then it is related to Windows 11 or playing on those high falutin  4K/ Widescreen monitors that some of you techies love !

As someone who barely played DWU after picking it up very late because of the horrible UI and outdated look this one is a revelation. Great UI from my point of view and the tooltips are amazing.

For info my graphics card is a pretty old 1050 on an

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games