Distant Worlds 2 Formal Announcement

Started by Jarhead0331, January 26, 2021, 09:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Haven't looked at it enough yet, but on my 4k monitor, things still looked a little small and blurry in a number of cases.  Maybe there is a setting I haven't explored yet, but those were the types of issues I had with the prior version so hoping it doesn't turn out to be a big deal.

Jarhead0331

i had to disable scaling and DPI settings in the properties tab in order to get the game to display properly.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 10, 2022, 02:00:39 PM
i had to disable scaling and DPI settings in the properties tab in order to get the game to display properly.

Thanks for the info.  Turns out there are UI scaling options in the game so those worked for me.

SirAndrewD

Ok..meetings are done for the day....

Where do I get my Death Star?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

Thanks for all the helpful tips guys.  My rig is just slightly inferior to devoncop's setup so I think I should be able to run this game fine. 

Now I need to run to Target and get me some STEAM cards.  LOL!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

#141
Quote from: devoncop on March 10, 2022, 01:25:55 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 10, 2022, 12:26:18 PM
Barely runs on my gaming computer.... :(
It seems that as long as your specs are okay then it is related to Windows 11 or playing on those high falutin  4K/ Widescreen monitors that some of you techies love !
None of this for me unfortunately. I am always on the low-end because i can't afford the latest tech. The game even messed up my graphic card (greyed out) and just had to update it to make it run properly again...my laptop has an AMD Ryzen 7 Radeon card, guess it's not enough to run the game. A shame cos i won't be able to buy anything new before the next 5 years i guess...

Have fun with it guys, see ya in 5 years.

solops

Quote from: Anguille on March 10, 2022, 04:19:05 PM
Quote from: devoncop on March 10, 2022, 01:25:55 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 10, 2022, 12:26:18 PM
Barely runs on my gaming computer.... :(
It seems that as long as your specs are okay then it is related to Windows 11 or playing on those high falutin  4K/ Widescreen monitors that some of you techies love !
None of this for me unfortunately. I am always on the low-end because i can't afford the latest tech. The game even messed up my graphic card (greyed out) and just had to update it to make it run properly again...my laptop has an AMD Ryzen 7 Radeon card, guess it's not enough to run the game. A shame cos i won't be able to buy anything new before the next 5 years i guess...

Have fun with it guys, see ya in 5 years.
Don't give up so easily. I bet you can get around it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

solops

Just finished downloading. Now I have DW2 and TW Warhammer 3 waiting for me to finish Shadow Empire, which just got updated again!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

steve58

#144
$39.99 at Fanatical for the next 6.6 days
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

running fine on my rig but I'm playing on a small circular galaxy with only 200 planets so we'll see what happens when space starts filling up with ships from every race.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

The tech support forums (both official/steam) have been very active with various issues being reported, seems most appear to be tech related.  Not unique with new releases and appears they did release a manual hotfix to start tackling them.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11896&t=380602

Tripoli

According to the Matrix forum, the ETA on the hotfix will be in about 3-4 hours.  Apparently, they pulled the hotfix, and will be reissuing it as "a proper update".
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Con

#148
OK So I am a glutton for punishment on games and went ahead and bought.
Its been years since I played DW1 - Any suggestions where to start?
FYI I fired up DW2 - started a game clicked on some things and then lost morale and decided to quit since I was hopelessly confused- If I recall thats how I ended up playing/leaving DW1 as well.

steve58

Someone over on the MG forums has written a guide for New Users.  Looks like its getting good reviews, so maybe start with that. (that's what I'm going to do when I get some time to play).

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10151&t=380441
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)