Pentiment from Obsidian

Started by Gusington, June 14, 2022, 11:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I was definitely not expecting this  :nerd:

Definitely not for everyone but I know medieval and renaissance aficionados lurk here.

The art style is unique (I like it) and it's from Obsidian so the story will be good.

Billed as an 'historical mystery role playing game.'

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Looks awesome.  Love the art style!
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

There was another game we were recently looking at with a similar style but for whatever reason in that game it didn't work for me...can't remember which one it was.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Very Name of the Rose vibes
Con

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2022, 01:49:32 PM
There was another game we were recently looking at with a similar style but for whatever reason in that game it didn't work for me...can't remember which one it was.

Was it that Monty Python-esque turn based strategy game?  That one was a lot of fun but ran out of oomph quickly due to there being no skirmish or MP
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

It was last week but for my addled brain is may as well have been 20 years ago...I can't remember. I just remember you and I did not like that art style.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Con on June 14, 2022, 03:03:38 PM
Very Name of the Rose vibes
Con

:o I read that book too. Loved it.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2022, 04:42:27 PM
It was last week but for my addled brain is may as well have been 20 years ago...I can't remember. I just remember you and I did not like that art style.

Oh yeah, Warhammer 40K rogue trader!  I think the big difference is in the execution and expectations.  For one thing, the modern Netflix cartoon style just doesn't fit 40K - and for another thing, the animations were terrible!  In comparison, the art style is pulled off extremely well here, and feels more consistent with the game's theme.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2022, 01:49:32 PM
There was another game we were recently looking at with a similar style but for whatever reason in that game it didn't work for me...can't remember which one it was.

Wait, Rogue Trader has that art style!? Weird. (I haven't really looked at it yet, just noted it was coming and thought going back to the roots of 40K as an i.p. was cool.)

I recently wishlisted Card Shark, which involves card-cheating your way through a 1700s Parisian plotline. It has a similar but even more stylized style. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1371720/Card_Sh
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 14, 2022, 08:53:37 PM

I recently wishlisted Card Shark, which involves card-cheating your way through a 1700s Parisian plotline. It has a similar but even more stylized style. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1371720/Card_Sh

This also looks quite cool, thanks for sharing!  I guess the closest we'll get to a video game based on that recent Card Counter film with Oscar Isaac  :crazy2:
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

That does look very atmospheric...so many games to choose from :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: CJReich46 on June 14, 2022, 05:02:18 PM
Quote from: Con on June 14, 2022, 03:03:38 PM
Very Name of the Rose vibes
Con

:o I read that book too. Loved it.

It's a mighty good book.  The movie with Sean Connery was good, but not as good as the book.

My dad actually taught that book in one of his graduate school classes for a few years.  He loved Umberto Eco's historical accuracy and authenticity,