Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

He does look pretty intrepid for certain.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^I thought the same. Hoping the subsequent Heroes of the Aegean scenarios are more in-depth, I think they will be since even the in-game description of Thermopylae reads 'simple intro into the rest of the DLC scenarios.' :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

I can recommend the Carthage scenarios....they develop really well as you play through them.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Did you finish the whole Carthage campaign? How long did it take?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

I finished 2 so far....First one took me about 3 hours I guess

Second one was much longer. Maybe 10-12 hours.

They get progressively harder I think
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Yeah I think it will be the same for Heroes of the Aegean.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well this went...as planned. Come and take it and all that. And they did  :buck2:



Next a purely naval battle, Salamis:


✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Themistocles looks like Daniel Day Lewis. I bet, there will be blood.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GibbyG

Quote from: Gusington on June 20, 2022, 03:51:03 PM
^How many AI powers are you playing against?

Sorry for the late response.  On days I have to go into the office I dont get to the forums much. 

3 in this game. 

Gusington

No problem! Curious as to how playthroughs are going for other players since I have only completed one campaign against a single other AI. Once I get through the Aegean DLC I want to set up a massive game playing as Persia against 3-4 AIs.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I have been stopped dead in my tracks in my progression through the Heroes of the Aegean DLC...after two attempts I cannot win the Battle of Salamis. Playing at the intermediate difficulty level and it just seems impossible to beat without turning the difficulty down. Anyone win this one?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Sorry Gus. Not tackled the Heroes dlc as yet.

Naval batles are not my forte so an outnumbered naval battle ( as I assume you are) sounds a huge challenge for me too....assume you have promoted as many ships as you can ? Also capturing rather than sinking opposition ships is a thing isnt it ? Have you tried using the relevant promotions to boost the size of your fleet a bit ?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Yeah promoted as many as I could before each attempt at this. I really don't want to lower the difficulty either.

In the Salamis scenario I don't think capturing Persian ships is available, but the promotion of some ships with the 'grappler' skill definitely is.

I may shelve it for a bit and set up the massive Persia sandbox game I have been looking forward to.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Right I have just fired up Heroes of the Aegean and breezed through the Marathon battle and so I will give Salamis a go but with little optimism !

Like the idea of a big sandbox game too. Maybe I will try a large map with 4 opponents after Salamis.

Which maps do you use? I tend to go with random seaside maps.

May try a full Old World map.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games