Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.

Started by Jarhead0331, January 31, 2012, 08:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


LongBlade

Nice! IIRC Thief was the first game to use stereo sound to ID where guards and other things were.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

The Thief series is one of the best ever. If you only have the chance to play just a little bit of it, go straight for the Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 08:33:09 AM
Thief Gold released on GOG...oh Gussy-poo, where are you...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/thief_gold

I never got into Thief when it released. Too impatient when I was younger. Oddly enough, I tried to complete Deus Ex 2 with no kills and all stealth. Maybe I should go back and try these again!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on January 31, 2012, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 08:33:09 AM
Thief Gold released on GOG...oh Gussy-poo, where are you...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/thief_gold

I never got into Thief when it released. Too impatient when I was younger. Oddly enough, I tried to complete Deus Ex 2 with no kills and all stealth. Maybe I should go back and try these again!

This is a sneaker game without any doubt. You will flat out lose if you try to use brute force. The game actually rewards you for the fewer people you injure/kill. I typically found a good balance to snipe one or two inconvenient obstacles, but for the most part, it's best to slip quietly around.

Oh, and the undead level. I think I still get nightmares about that one.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Zodiass