What war game do you wish would be made next

Started by Con, October 03, 2022, 12:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acctingman

Steel Tigers. I know it's in development but it seems more like vaporware now.

W8taminute

Tons and tons of good suggestions in this thread.

Picking up on what has already been mentioned; Dynamix Aces of the Pacific, Buka Entertainments Pacific War, and Lucasarts SWOTL.

What I really want is a remake of Empire of the Fading Suns.  Except no story line just sandbox mode and an updated engine handling simultaneous turn based land and space battles. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Thomas Davie

Steel Tigers.
East Front III
Something based on Donald Featherstone's 'Skirmish Wargaming' would be nice
Field of Glory III or Age of Ancients: Wargame Construction Set

Tom

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

al_infierno

If we're talking about vaporware, I'm surprised nobody mentioned All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy.  Pretty much the Half-Life 3 of wargaming if you ask me, except hilariously they still have the gall to accept preorders.

https://www.shrapnelgames.com/Shrapnel_Games/AA/AA_page.html
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on November 09, 2022, 07:34:54 PM
If we're talking about vaporware, I'm surprised nobody mentioned All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy.  Pretty much the Half-Life 3 of wargaming if you ask me, except hilariously they still have the gall to accept preorders.

https://www.shrapnelgames.com/Shrapnel_Games/AA/AA_page.html

Holy carp, I thought that was cancelled ages ago.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 09, 2022, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 09, 2022, 07:34:54 PM
If we're talking about vaporware, I'm surprised nobody mentioned All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy.  Pretty much the Half-Life 3 of wargaming if you ask me, except hilariously they still have the gall to accept preorders.

https://www.shrapnelgames.com/Shrapnel_Games/AA/AA_page.html

Holy carp, I thought that was cancelled ages ago.

I'm pretty sure you thought right.  They just never announced the cancellation.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

CJReich46

The Italian Wars.  But it's covered in part by Pike and Shot or even EU IV>

BUT maybe a new Pike and Shot with a neat campaign feature?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I would just like CC3 to be remade, at a Real Red standard, with todays ai and graphics with a dynamic campaign.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Kampgruppe was my first computer wargame back in my Amiga days. I would love a modern day version of it. As well as Battles of Napoleon too.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Never had a chance to play Kampfgruppe...I remember seeing it on store shelves before I had a PC or Amiga :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I'd actually love something along the lines of War in the Pacific: Ensign's Edition.  The game play would be as rich as the original WiTP:AE but not requiring me to manually select each shell type for each gun on a ship every time I fired it.    ;)