Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Has anyone won a game yet? This feels like the campaigns could just go on forever.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2022, 10:18:10 AM
Has anyone won a game yet? This feels like the campaigns could just go on forever.


"Won a game"  :DD

After three games getting crushed fairly quickly as Leinster, Ulster and Leinster again I feel I have hit the heights by playing as Scotland and actually conquering a region (Leinster) after my "peacekeepers" t ook advantage of a longrunning inconclusive war between Connought and Ulster V Leinster to jump in and seize Dublin much to Connought's annoyance  :).

As for "winning" that is a VERY long term project.

I am really enjoying it though but I don't fight the battles manually, the AI resolution is fine.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I swear I will start a new campaign in the next few days. I have not played out a battle yet because I have not had an army worth taking control of :/ Nor have I taken any provinces :/:/ I need to 'git gud'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2022, 10:42:39 AM
I swear I will start a new campaign in the next few days. I have not played out a battle yet because I have not had an army worth taking control of :/ Nor have I taken any provinces :/:/ I need to 'git gud'

Best decision I made was to cosy up to England. Always good to have a big brother !
Having said that England just asked me to help v Gwynned and now Ulster,Connaught and Munster are all very unhappy meaning Dublin is looking very vulnerable as it is still full of unhappy locals.....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

undercovergeek

I'm going to try and make Genoa the trading capital of the world

I've read about someone finishing as Sicily

devoncop

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 15, 2022, 11:54:47 AM
I'm going to try and make Genoa the trading capital of the world

I've read about someone finishing as Sicily

Nice goal !

Gold certainly helps  :)

Let us know how things are going  :bd:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

W8taminute

Quote from: devoncop on December 15, 2022, 12:31:57 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 15, 2022, 11:54:47 AM
I'm going to try and make Genoa the trading capital of the world

I've read about someone finishing as Sicily

Nice goal !

Gold certainly helps  :)

Let us know how things are going  :bd:

Definitely let us know how you make out and if you enjoy the game or not.  I do not regret buying this game at all, it's everything I thought it would be and more.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek


Gusington

I would love to see a link to an AAR for a player finishing as Sicily. Or any other faction in any era. But is finishing the same as winning?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

So I started a game as 1360's Moldavia (two provinces) and it is so much better when you own two or more provinces.

I immediately built a barracks and even upgraded to castles (I forget the specific upgrade name). Wallachia was being cunty and we fought a long war to a standstill. This campaign so far is by far the most enjoyable of the three I've played. I'm not lighting the game world on fire but I'm holding my own (still on easy difficulty) and getting into more fights that I can hold my own in, while still trying to grow my economy.

With multiple provinces and cities, it is much easier to dedicate cities to specific disciplines like defense, commerce, agriculture, etc. At least it's easier for me to think of it that way.

Still haven't fought a battle tactically yet and the real time nature is still hurting my brain, but enjoying it much more now too.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

#190
Nice job Gus !

That is exactly my experience with Scotland rather than playing as a one province nation. I am also still playing on easy.

I just got a Royal Armoury (upgrade from Barracks) in Edinburgh so I can start getting some much better quality troops now as well......or rather I would be able to do if I had enough food. The higher quality infantry must be greedy gits as each unit wants 40 food :(. Agricultural sector now being expanded to cope !

Although people talk about this game as Total War lite I totally disagree on the strategic level. Whereas TW allows countries to raise unrealistically large armies KoH allows Scotland to field only a couple of field armies of quality plus a few garrisons as the economy can't handle more, and wars upset neighbours much more than TW or EU4 btw.


One thing I was struggling with was all the unhappiness in Dublin after my peacekeepers "liberated" it which went on for a long time and my Kingdom Stability was down to -11 as a result. Luckily once the moaning bastards decided to revolt and established a Rebel Army outside the city one of the Royal Armies I had used to garrison Dublin was able to ride out and crush the rebels. Instantly my Kingdom Stability went to +2 so if you eventually take out a Wallachian Province bear that in mind.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

W8taminute

Nice job Gus!  Keep at it.

Yeah devoncop I too had problems when I conquered a city with unhappiness.  Then there was a rebellion army that appeared which I crushed.  I went from -27 unhappiness to -5 after that victory.  Then I blew it all to hell when I noticed I have captured the rebel leader.  I clicked on his icon in the upper left of the screen and executed him.  My nobility was very pleased but I lost 1 point of kingdom power and the peasantry was really upset.  Live and learn.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Quote from: W8taminute on December 16, 2022, 08:37:08 AM
Nice job Gus!  Keep at it.

Yeah devoncop I too had problems when I conquered a city with unhappiness.  Then there was a rebellion army that appeared which I crushed.  I went from -27 unhappiness to -5 after that victory.  Then I blew it all to hell when I noticed I have captured the rebel leader.  I clicked on his icon in the upper left of the screen and executed him.  My nobility was very pleased but I lost 1 point of kingdom power and the peasantry was really upset.  Live and learn.

Ouch !

Just to add to my issues my venerable King died which upped the discontent again and now Dublin is apparently becoming loyal to bloody England  :(
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Thanks fellers. Wallachia and I signed a peace deal, as my neighbors were starting to grumble that I was too aggressive. Except Transylvania, which is a kingdom of its own (I thought it should have been part of Wallachia but I guess not yet in 1360?) and hates Wallachia. They rooted me on the whole time.

I really need to learn how to generate more cash and commerce (little brown sacks?) so I can continue to expand trade.

But kingdoms with more than one province are definitely the way to go...one province kingdoms are much more difficult to lead successfully.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on December 16, 2022, 09:51:38 AM

I really need to learn how to generate more cash and commerce (little brown sacks?) so I can continue to expand trade.



Putting upgraded merchants in as governors , particularly in provinces with upgraded Market squares or certain agricultural buildings will generate extra cash and merchant sacks which are effectively your trade capacity. More sacks allow more trade routes.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games