Jarhead - Do you have war of rights?

Started by Destraex, December 02, 2017, 09:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper


Destraex

I actually kinda enjoyed using the controller, more comfortable than keyboard and mouse. Especially since war of rights is not a twitch kind of shooter.
Maybe I am turning to the dark side. I better get back to mouse and keyboard quickly....



"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

#48
WHat is the time now where you are... here is the state of the servers... 150 guys on.
The web tells me it's 07:46:49 P.M. us est. Does not really make sense given my last time given.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper


Destraex

#50
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:20:50 PM
For me it is currently 8:20pm
Cool. Well that's not too bad then. More than enough people on at a reasonable time for a battle. Of course it's Christmas so it could be the school holidays or simply the holiday period affecting this.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on December 23, 2022, 08:30:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:20:50 PM
For me it is currently 8:20pm
Cool. Well that's not too bad then. More than enough people on at a reasonable time for a battle. Of course it's Christmas so it could be the school holidays or simply the holiday period affecting this.

Most likely the huge winter storm that is sweeping across the USA on top of that.....most places are below freezing (-35 here) and a lot of snow in places....fun couple of days and lot of people staying home.

Destraex

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:33:51 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 23, 2022, 08:30:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:20:50 PM
For me it is currently 8:20pm
Cool. Well that's not too bad then. More than enough people on at a reasonable time for a battle. Of course it's Christmas so it could be the school holidays or simply the holiday period affecting this.

Most likely the huge winter storm that is sweeping across the USA on top of that.....most places are below freezing (-35 here) and a lot of snow in places....fun couple of days and lot of people staying home.
Holy moley, stay safe then. I should note to you that currently in War of Rights all maps have had snow put in them to varying degrees to celebrate christmas. It might make you feel colder to look at the snow in game lol. After the christmas event you will get the nice grass and summer landscapes back.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on December 23, 2022, 08:36:04 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:33:51 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 23, 2022, 08:30:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:20:50 PM
For me it is currently 8:20pm
Cool. Well that's not too bad then. More than enough people on at a reasonable time for a battle. Of course it's Christmas so it could be the school holidays or simply the holiday period affecting this.

Most likely the huge winter storm that is sweeping across the USA on top of that.....most places are below freezing (-35 here) and a lot of snow in places....fun couple of days and lot of people staying home.

Yep, should make it interesting for holiday traveling....a good bet I end up picking this up, probably next week as I'll have no time for games the next few days.  Thanks for all the info.
Holy moley, stay safe then. I should note to you that currently in War of Rights all maps have had snow put in them to varying degrees to celebrate christmas. It might make you feel colder to look at the snow in game lol. After the christmas event you will get the nice grass and summer landscapes back.

Destraex

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:40:53 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 23, 2022, 08:36:04 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:33:51 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 23, 2022, 08:30:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:20:50 PM
For me it is currently 8:20pm
Cool. Well that's not too bad then. More than enough people on at a reasonable time for a battle. Of course it's Christmas so it could be the school holidays or simply the holiday period affecting this.

Most likely the huge winter storm that is sweeping across the USA on top of that.....most places are below freezing (-35 here) and a lot of snow in places....fun couple of days and lot of people staying home.

Yep, should make it interesting for holiday traveling....a good bet I end up picking this up, probably next week as I'll have no time for games the next few days.  Thanks for all the info.
Holy moley, stay safe then. I should note to you that currently in War of Rights all maps have had snow put in them to varying degrees to celebrate christmas. It might make you feel colder to look at the snow in game lol. After the christmas event you will get the nice grass and summer landscapes back.
No problem. Enjoy your chrissy.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Groggy

Quote from: Destraex on December 23, 2022, 07:22:08 PM
I actually kinda enjoyed using the controller, more comfortable than keyboard and mouse. Especially since war of rights is not a twitch kind of shooter.
Maybe I am turning to the dark side. I better get back to mouse and keyboard quickly....

That's good news. I'm going to connect my PS4 controller and try it out for the game this weekend. I use it for some other steam games that I own because I find it more relaxing and enjoyable compared to using the keyboard and mouse configuration.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Destraex

I had an xbox controller, no idea if a ps4 one would work. Apparently not even my xbox one should be working according to the community.

Now. Has anybody got any good civil war movie or tv series recommendations apart from gettysburg or gods and generals which I already own.
I have heard of the state of jonah or something which seems like a kinda strange segway outside of the civil war.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Bardolph

#57
Other than Glory, there aren't too many others worth watching. The Field of Lost Shoes isn't awful. https://youtu.be/fUjcWtA3C-s
Careless with the facts but so are all the others.

Audie Murphy and the Red Badge of Courage is a classic if not terribly accurate on the material culture stuff like uniforms.

Go here: https://www.youtube.com/@LionHeartFilmWorks and watch all the old Classic Images videos from the 125th Anniversary events. The acting is generally awful (they aren't actors) but the narration is solid and its got tons of reenactors from back in the 80s when most of us were still skinny enough to sort of pass unlike these days when everyone is old or fat or both and gray haired lol.

There is also a decent video on Chickamauga on TV somewhere, it uses a lot of reenactment footage as well and is fairly well done. Can't remember which provider I saw it on. I think this is it:  https://youtu.be/NUEhAB6h3lI


Then go hit this playlist for background atmosphere while playing:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPriAr6_QaUGBbFxUO2KnPtcW8Xn8f041


Destraex

Thanks Bardolph. I have seen Glory. Might look up the others.
I am fairly surprised their are not many Civil War movies to be honest. I mean when you count the number of westerns that were shot. I mean the good the bad and the ugly had that famous scene where they had to cross the civil war trench lines. I know John Wayne did a few cavalry civil war movies?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on December 24, 2022, 03:36:04 AM
Thanks Bardolph. I have seen Glory. Might look up the others.
I am fairly surprised their are not many Civil War movies to be honest. I mean when you count the number of westerns that were shot. I mean the good the bad and the ugly had that famous scene where they had to cross the civil war trench lines. I know John Wayne did a few cavalry civil war movies?

Personally a number that I enjoy, which some may debate.

Gettysburg (one of my favorites); wasn't a huge fan of the Gods and General follow up
Glory (one of my favorites)
Andersonville (really liked this one as it showed life as a prisoner)
Ride of the Devil (not a lot of battles but enjoyed it)
The Hunley (story about a sub that was used)
Field of Lost Shoes
North & South (more of a drama and TV series, but enjoyed it)
Blue and the Grey (more of a drama and TV series, but enjoyed it)
Red Badge of Courage
Cold Mountain (not much of battle stuff, but liked the overall feel of the time period)