Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2022, 07:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Kind of an interesting feature of Steam this year that I don't believe happened before, when I logged in today, it gave me the option of basically seeing a report that summarized my playing habits against other Steam users.  Was kind of neat to see and makes me think I need to change my habits:)

Some tidbits from mine....

86% of my play time was from a single game, which was a sports baseball game.  Kind of surprised on this one:)

Played 72 different games, which 58 of the games were newly released; overall Steam average was 5...yikes.

Only unlocked 12 achievements, Steam Average is 21....not surprising as I hate unlocks/achievements so no big deal for me

Longest streak of playing Steam games each day was 22 days, Steam average was 9.  Says I did this in July, believe that is when I was mostly on vacation:)

Games Played by Release Timing
---New Games (2022) 71%, compared to Steam Average of 17%.....I guess I take a lot of risks on new games:)
---1-7 Years Old - 23%, compared to Steam Average of 64%.....kind of goes with number one, other people are more patient than me:)
---8+ Years - 6%, compared to Steam Average of 19%.....par for the course based on other stats:)

Based on my play habits, I guess I am firmly in the court where if Steam would disappear and I would lose my old games, wouldn't matter much to me as it seems I hardly ever play them:)

Again, probably meaningless data but thought kind of cool to see....

Gusington

I love stuff like that - how do you access it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Hm! -- I logged in several times yesterday but didn't get that option. Must be new today?

I shudder to even guess about my stats! (But I shall report them asap.  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2022, 08:42:28 AM
I love stuff like that - how do you access it?

When I opened steam this morning, it was a popup message to me.  I suspect you probably can find elsewhere in your profile, message inbox, etc....but away from computer now so can't check.

Gusington

Cool - not sure if I am better off knowing my stats or not...I do check my library almost daily. If I play a 30.00 dollar game for 10 hours or more I feel that 3.00 an hour for escape/amusement of any type is well worth it. Even if the game was kicking my ass, as happens more and more lately :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

#5
Played 7 games
65% of time was on Hex of Steel
23 day streak
17% new games
57% recent games
28% old games
Only 18% of my time on Steam has been since July 1st (thanks to Shadow Empire from Sept 30 to Dec 7)

Jarhead0331

To access your own Steam Replay, click on the 'New & Noteworthy' section and click on 'Steam Replay 2022.'

Jesus...

I played 121 games, 72 of them new.
13% Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord was my most played game. Most others were in the 5-6%, which tells me I have the attention span of my 3-year old.
VTOL VR was my most played VR game at 35%
95 achievements unlocked
Most games are in the space/40K/WWII/flight genres
Longest daily streak was 20-days, and involved ARMA 3, Bannerlord, Executive Assault 2, VTOL VR, Expeditions: Rome, Ready or Not, Easy Red II, Combat Mission Black Sea, Distant Worlds 2 and WARNO.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


solops

Quote from: bobarossa on December 28, 2022, 11:46:13 AM
Played 7 games
65% of time was on Hex of Steel
23 day streak
17% new games
57% recent games
28% old games
Only 18% of my time on Steam has been since July 1st (thanks to Shadow Empire from Sept 30 to Dec 7)
+1
SE has been a Steam killer. Distant Worlds had a chance, but their poopy policy towards direct purchasers and beta updates has caused me to shelve that game for good.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Tripoli

I'm a wuss: 

10 games played

82% Grand Tactician USCW
8% No Man's Sky
4% Destroyer: U boat hunter

10 games played, 7 new games, 7 Achievements unlocked, 3 day longest streak

Yet I will buy more games and not play them.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I need to up my naval warfare play.  Come on Task Force Admiral!



Gusington

Heh I love this.

75 games played
29 new games, 7 demos played
16% Old World
13% Total War: Attila
8% Total War: Three Kingdoms
Longest streak: 24 days, June 27-July 21 (10 games played)

29% of games played were released in 2022 vs. 17% for the average player on Steam
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

84 games played
37 new games
9 demos
1 playtest (my game)

17% Project Zomboid
12% Ready or Not
10% Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord

Longest streak: 37 days, 20 games played
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Anguille

Funny stuff! Like this:

24% Oriental Empires with 113 sessions
21% Master of orion with 88 sessions
13% Imperiums: Greek Wars with 71 sessions

204 successes unlocked in 18 games with 75 exceptional ones.
42 days in a row played with 17 games.
63 games launched and (only) 10 new games

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.