A War of a Madman's Making - text-based war planning and political survival RPG

Started by al_infierno, May 04, 2022, 02:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

al_infierno

War of a Madman's Making is now AVAILABLE on Steam!  :twirl:

Play the entire game for FREE including:

  • ~70k word story with 5 major endings.
  • Resource management. Maintain a military budget, popularity with the Leader's cabinet, and favor with the Great Leader himself.
  • Choose your allies and enemies. Scheme amongst the Leader's staff or even against the Leader himself.
  • Manipulate your reports when you must give bad news to the Great Leader, but be careful not to push your luck.
  • Retro-style soundtrack by Borealis (Shirli Ainsworth) full of tense overtures and bombastic battle themes.
  • An encyclopaedia filled with lore and character details - including nuggets that an astute player will find useful.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1985710/A_War_of_a_Madmans_Making/

I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Pete Dero


JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

al_infierno

Five days after Steam release, and we have 9 positive Steam reviews and only 1 Russian troll apologizing for USSR war crimes on my Discord!  :Party: (But that last part is a story for another day.)

Once we hit 10 positive reviews, the game will get a nice boost in Steam visibility! The Great Leader will be very pleased by this outcome  :stormtrooper2:
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

JasonPratt

Picking along at the game at a relaxed pace so far; left a humorous positive review!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

I'll be leaving my first ever Steam review for it later. 

Fun so far!  Glory to the Great Leader!

 :soapbox:  :emporerslightning:
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

al_infierno

I made it. I'm finally there. I made a real game.

Someone left a negative Steam review on my game completely unrelated to the game itself!   :Party:



Someone needs to tell the CIA I'm still waiting on that blood money for writing a fictional VN, because I still haven't received any!
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.