The Great War: Western Front

Started by SirAndrewD, August 24, 2022, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

A lot of games still use this drm, hogwarts that just released has it as well.  As always would prefer not to have any drm but hasn't been a decision in my game purchases if I really want to play the game.  I know some games have removed it sometime after release.  Haven't noticed anything personally but if behind the scenes it's reducing my system lifespan than certainly understand not a great thing although i can't recall keeping my computer long enough where that has ever been an issue.

CaptainKoloth

From what I have read the idea that Denuvo damages SSDs has been pretty thoroughly debunked, but it HAS been well documented that it hampers performance. And the other irony of course is that inclusion of Denuvo often inspires pirates to get particularly aggressive about cracking it- there are very few games that are able to remain unpirated for long.

devoncop

Absolutely idiotic decision to use Denuvo.

I can't imagine anyone knowingly buying a game with that monstrosity on it.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

W8taminute

Well I'll let you guys know what happens when this game installs on day 1.  Already pre-purchased the game before knowing about this DRM. 

Just like everything else in life, you think you finally found the perfect game and indeed it does seem to be the perfect game.  Then you find out there is something questionable attached to it.  Great...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I too am not particularly excited by this development  :embarrassed:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bardolph

There is a curator on Steam (and I don't remember how you add curators anymore) called Denuvo Games. They keep track of all the games with Denuvo and whether or not it has been removed. It is one of the only curators I am subscribed to and as a result it comes up on any game that has Denuvo installed. Useful.

em2nought

Well shoot, crapped on by a starforce wanna be.  The only thing that would have been worse is stormpowered.  :ROFL:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Destraex

If multiplayer works out to be something my friends will play, I will probably still get it. That is unless somebody has any concrete evidence that it kills hardware.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on February 13, 2023, 02:54:32 PMWell I'll let you guys know what happens when this game installs on day 1.  Already pre-purchased the game before knowing about this DRM. 

Just like everything else in life, you think you finally found the perfect game and indeed it does seem to be the perfect game.  Then you find out there is something questionable attached to it.  Great...

Typically any pre order can be refunded depending on where you bought it since the key has not been used and revealed yet.  Personally I plan to continue with my purchase, any form of drm can be a pain and wish all games were free of it, but no drm has been a deciding factor in my purchases and this will be no different.

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: em2nought on February 13, 2023, 11:24:16 PMWell shoot, crapped on by a starforce wanna be.  The only thing that would have been worse is stormpowered.  :ROFL:

Stormpowered is a hilarious storefront/DRM system. They're still trying to sell games on it in 2023.

The sad part is the games aren't bad, but no one will ever play then while they insist on locking them to their garbage forgotten DRM.

W8taminute

Good points Grim.  No I don't plan on refunding it either.  I want this game.  :cool:

Btw, what's wrong with Starforce?  I liked it!

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: W8taminute on February 13, 2023, 02:54:32 PMJust like everything else in life, you think you finally found the perfect game and indeed it does seem to be the perfect game.  Then you find out there is something questionable attached to it.  Great...

I had a girlfriend or two like that, back in the day!   :Party:

Gusington

I am not planning on getting a refund either. This game is the one I have been waiting for...for decades  :buck2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 14, 2023, 07:50:31 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 13, 2023, 02:54:32 PMJust like everything else in life, you think you finally found the perfect game and indeed it does seem to be the perfect game.  Then you find out there is something questionable attached to it.  Great...

I had a girlfriend or two like that, back in the day!   :Party:

I had several like that "back in they day". You did well to just have the one ! I was convinced I had a big sign visible only to females above my head that said " Fruitcakes apply here". :idiot2:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

JasonPratt

Warcrime thread, arise!

Great War turns you into a psychopath. Or maybe just Rimmy Downunder.

"....no, no don't surrender! I WANT TO BURN YOU!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!