Combat Mission: Red Thunder - Fire and Rubble

Started by al_infierno, February 22, 2020, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Some videos from 3 months ago on the state of the module:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^I'm pretending you didn't just post those and I'm also pretending they don't exist.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Ironically, "pretending they don't exist" was also the Soviet propaganda/diplomatic strategy for those T-26s among many, many other things lined up on the border on June 22, 1941!  :evil:

But look at it! It's so cute! It's adorable!  :twirl:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Old TImer

One of the reasons I'm such a fan of these Battlefront games. 
They're so moddable.  There's a Pacific variation of Fortress
Italy that's pretty amazing.  I'm still waiting for a 1940
variation so I can replay the misunderstood French army.

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2023, 01:48:19 PMI CAN'T HEAR YOU  :ninjameditate:

I know Gus has a thing for cute little tanks, so I won't show him my test video of a pair of Stuarts lighting up a German MG position in Sicily in CM: Italy.  Because that just might send him over the edge.  Nope, I'm not going to show it to him at this link:
.  Not at all.  Because I'm his friend..... :evil:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I absolutely did not watch that and need a new keyboard afterwards.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2023, 10:07:11 AMI absolutely did not watch that and need a new keyboard afterwards.
Did I mention that video that I'm not going to show you is of an unmodded CM game?  I understand the modded ones are oh, so much more immersive.....  :grin:

Gusington

You did not mention that and I did not listen, again  :Dreamer:

Release date for Red Thunder on The Steam is June 30, right?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Who doesn't love cute little tanks? I had great fun, and frustration, with the cute little, and often nearly useless, Italian tanks in CMFI. but I'm glad they were there.  :hair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Gus is our very own tankette here at Grogheads.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2023, 10:22:56 AMYou did not mention that and I did not listen, again  :Dreamer:

Release date for Red Thunder on The Steam is June 30, right?
I"m not sure about that.  I think IICptMillerII is heavily involved, so he could probably give a more authoritative statement.  FWIW, I'm working on an video AAR of the Triona campaign in CMFI, so if you aren't familar with the Combat Mission gameplay, that might be of interest.  There are also some outstanding videos by "Usually Hapless"  See here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9egpHJiRis89uHkeyJiEug

Gusington

Thank you. I know I mentioned this before but maybe not in this thread: I have never played a CM game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd