Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on June 16, 2023, 12:25:06 PMFake video or not I think my main concern, that got my attention in these last few posts, is that if battles are not pauseable I'm afraid I'd have to turn down this game. 

And when I say pauseable I mean allow me to issue orders to my units and plan my strategy whilst in the pause state.

I would be surprised if pause was not in it as their previous title had it.

glen55

Actually their previous three games all allowed orders to be given when paused, and I think it's space for pause instead of some obscure key you have to find to press.

Ultimate General Gettysberg
Ultimate General Civil War
Ultimate Admiral

All allow orders when paused, and I don't think you'd have a prayer in any of those games if they didn't.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

W8taminute

Looks like the developers have released a new promo video.  This game is really looking good.  Check out the commentary from a YouTuber I like a lot.  He's such a strategy nerd like the rest of us.  Be advised he's got a strong New Jersey accent, as that's where he's from, but he talks a good talk when it comes to games.

Check out his Grand Tactician series as well.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

#93
Excited for this...but this video just looked like him looking at the images on the site of the game and commenting, didn't sound like he had any actual hands on with it or provided anything new, or did I just miss it? You mentioned a new promo video, is it any different than what was previously posted in this thread?  If so, have a link?  Thanks.

W8taminute

The only thing I found was that the website was updated.

Here are their forums https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/191-general-discussions/
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on July 06, 2023, 07:11:25 PMThe only thing I found was that the website was updated.

Here are their forums https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/191-general-discussions/

Thanks, believe that all was from earlier in June from the posts earlier in this thread including the released developer video.  I was thinking based on your last post there might have been something else released more recently, unless I am missing it.  No worries, just always interested in new information on this one...

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 06, 2023, 07:19:58 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 06, 2023, 07:11:25 PMThe only thing I found was that the website was updated.

Here are their forums https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/191-general-discussions/

Thanks, believe that all was from earlier in June from the posts earlier in this thread including the released developer video.  I was thinking based on your last post there might have been something else released more recently, unless I am missing it.  No worries, just always interested in new information on this one...

Posts in the forum suggest early access release within a month

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 06, 2023, 08:48:32 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 06, 2023, 07:19:58 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 06, 2023, 07:11:25 PMThe only thing I found was that the website was updated.

Here are their forums https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/191-general-discussions/

Thanks, believe that all was from earlier in June from the posts earlier in this thread including the released developer video.  I was thinking based on your last post there might have been something else released more recently, unless I am missing it.  No worries, just always interested in new information on this one...

Posts in the forum suggest early access release within a month

Thanks, saw that too and hope true.  Wasn't sure where the person was getting the release info so still skeptical until the developers are more open with their plans.  But again, I hope so as I can't wait to play it.

Skoop

This seems like a more fleshed out land combat game from the age of sail game.  Tbh, I liked that there was some land combat in that game, but as the campaign went on, it seemed like a chore to do some of the land missions.  The ship combat was what I really loved about the game.  Not sure a focused land combat title would really do it for me unless there was some really cool campaign features to tie it all together. 

This really just feels like UA-Age of Sail with out the ships, when the ships were the best thing about the engine ????

I could be wrong, sounds like some of you maybe getting this on release, so I'll wait and see first impressions.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Skoop on July 07, 2023, 04:00:13 PMThis seems like a more fleshed out land combat game from the age of sail game.  Tbh, I liked that there was some land combat in that game, but as the campaign went on, it seemed like a chore to do some of the land missions.  The ship combat was what I really loved about the game.  Not sure a focused land combat title would really do it for me unless there was some really cool campaign features to tie it all together. 

This really just feels like UA-Age of Sail with out the ships, when the ships were the best thing about the engine ????

I could be wrong, sounds like some of you maybe getting this on release, so I'll wait and see first impressions.

Watching the video linked above there appears to be some naval element to the game

Grim.Reaper

Definitely has naval aspects, quote from their page...

Naval combat
Your fleet will play a crucial role in the war. Your ships must be properly outfitted so that they can control important sea regions, cut enemy supply lines, and transport troops to surprise the enemy with a coastal attack. The naval combat system offers realistic sailing mechanics, a detailed damage model, and beautiful ships of the historical era.

Gusington

I still have not played Age of Sail - you all enjoyed it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

#103
I thought it was entertaining.  It was interesting to see elements from naval action in the game, so i was right at home.  It scratches the itch for age of sail and helped me close the book on naval action when the devs killed the old game with the free to play.

I'll be interested to see what's different with this one compared to UA age of sail.

Skoop

Having watched the video, looks like they did finally added the total war strategic element to the game making it more dynamic, which is huge for the series.  I wish they had done this with UA, but hey, maybe it took part 2 to get it right.  This will definitely be an upgrade and make UA AoS obsolete.