Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

#106
Quote from: Gusington on July 08, 2023, 08:22:09 AMI still have not played Age of Sail - you all enjoyed it?
Enjoyed it immensely and finsihed the British campaign. However have to finish the second campaign (Americans) and buy the barbary one. I eventually intend to finish both final campaigns.
Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail was a fairly canned campaign where you could choose whether or not to do side missions or not, as well as a selection of delegated missions you could assign captains to, but could only auto resolved. Then of course you could choose when to do the main missions by skipping or finishing all of the side missions. Often making up stength by completing side missions before doing the main missions in a turn.
I loved collecting a fleet and choosing my captains and crews for each ship. Maintaining a fleet of transports with troops was also good fun.
Now if ultimate general american revolution combines all of the above with a total war style campaign in real time with supply lines and such that total war did not have, well..:::: I might just faint with joy.





















"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

#107
Looks like they were testing the purchase pages, maybe close to release and a glimpse into options to buy...they took it down since then.  Not sure what officer in game means to warrant the extra $30 to have it...care less about name in credits:)




Gusington

An officer based on an image users submit?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2023, 04:07:29 PMAn officer based on an image users submit?

Not sure:)  Seems kind of a weird thing but to each their own if someone likes that:)  Maybe just your name or something, which is also something I could care less about, especially for $30 more.

SirAndrewD

While it'd be cool to put in my French Army ancestor that fought in the war with the Colonials it's not $30 cool. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

My Revolutionary War officer would be Benedict Arnold. That way I could play either side whenever I wanted.  :ThumbsUp:  Actually, I've always had a particular affinity for Francis Marion The Swamp Fox.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek


JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 11, 2023, 05:35:14 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2023, 04:07:29 PMAn officer based on an image users submit?

general gushington?

I suppose a portrait of a seal would break immersion.  :cool:

....not in water. Historical immersion. Metaphorically.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Need this game so badly. But I can wait for steam. Bit over early access.... unless it is on steam. Then I might bite.
In the mean time I guess I could go for Ultimate Admiral Again and continue my US campaign.... one look at it and it had my head spinning. I have no idea what I was thinking back when I started the campaign. It's rather like coming back to a total war campaign after years away.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Yep, still my number one anticipated release.  Hasn't been any new information released in awhile so really no idea if close or not.  For awhile there, thought it would be released around July 4th holidays and if not then by end of July (totally based on nothing).  But seems unlikely with no additional hype going on.  For me, I don't care whether it releases on Steam or not as their own game launchers have worked easily and without any issue for me and I assume when it comes to actual release it will eventually get to Steam anyways.  No way I can hold off playing this as interests me way too much.

Destraex

I hear you, but I really want to hold off. Damn I hope this is multiplayer.
P.S. Do we know how the other games labs game is coming along? The single\coop sailing game similar to naval action, but with the internals of the ship modeled.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

In all the web site info provided, screenshots, trailer, forums, discord, etc. there has been no indication of multi-player.  And since AOS didn't have it, suspecting that will continue to be the case, but who knows.  I know you enjoy multiplayer games but I am the complete opposite so I always like it when the developers fully focus on single player:)  But of course the best option would be to include single and multi player to reach a wider audience.