Steam Summer Sale 2023

Started by WYBaugh, June 28, 2023, 05:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FarAway Sooner

I'm still on the fence about whether to get my first Stellaris DLC, except then when I go to add it to my Wishlist, I realize that I already bought it!  I'm not sure when that happened...

88mmkwk

Bought Company of Heroes 2 - Multiplayer pack for $12.99.  Gonna learn it and play Co-op mode with a friend.  Seems fun and did spectator mode on a couple of multiplayer games.  Kinda seemed like capture the flag with a WW2-theme...  But should be able to get $13 worth out of it.
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
45" LG-45GR95QE Curved OLED 240Hz Monitor @ 3440x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

rss334

Quote from: 88mmkwk on July 07, 2023, 12:42:23 PMBought Company of Heroes 2 - Multiplayer pack for $12.99.  Gonna learn it and play Co-op mode with a friend.  Seems fun and did spectator mode on a couple of multiplayer games.  Kinda seemed like capture the flag with a WW2-theme...  But should be able to get $13 worth out of it.

Well in case you are not past the 2 hour mark may I recommend looking at Gates of Hell - Ostfront, personally I enjoying it much more than COH2, not to say everyone does though.  You can pickup the base game and call to arms for around the same price - the DLC at some point is worth it too.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/400750/Call_to_Arms__Gates_of_Hell_Ostfront/

JasonPratt

#63
Okay, so far for this sale (halfway through it?)

The big single pick is Total Warhammer III plus the Ogre Faction.

The major DLC batch so far is for the Dominion card game, the base set for which is free, and the UI has been polished pretty well. I recommend it a lot, and I'm teaching it to my m-players. It can be easily played live or asynch. Right now its only big lack is cross-play with consoles or mobile. (Also there's some evidence from one friend who has rigs both at home and work, for some reason he needs two accounts one per computer.  :huh: )
Dominion - Seaside
Dominion - Intrigue: 1st Edition
Dominion - Base Set: 1st Edition
Dominion - Promo Pack 2
Dominion - Promo Pack 1
Dominion - Seaside: 1st Edition

(I had already bought Intrigue current/2nd ed, and Hinterlands.)

Also looking at further asynch mp board game conversions:
Race for the Galaxy
Plus its DLC
Race for the Galaxy: Gathering Storm
Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium
Race for the Galaxy: Brink of War


And its Roll for the Galaxy dice digital version.

The "Roll for the X" series of games started with Roll for the Ages, which alas doesn't have a good adaptation (anymore, used to be kind-of-okay on iOS). However, the latest version of that system is set in medieval time, and a digital.... salute to that game, let us say, recently released on Steam to good reviews so I grabbed that, too:
Dice Kingdoms

The "Through the Ages" series has a card game sort of, with a digital adaptation, too. I've had it for a while (never played it), but I picked up the expansion pack while I was looking into asynch mp for my group.
New Leaders and Wonders - Expansion Pack

The dice-building genre had a quirky entry a year or two ago that I really wanted to like, but sent it back when I first bought it. I want to like it, though, so I'm trying again:
Dice Legacy

Last in my board-game adaptation for mp:
The Captain is Dead

Finally a bunch of very different things:

Siege Survival: Gloria Victis
Terminator: Resistance
Terminator: Annihilation Line (DLC)
The Red Lantern
DREDGE
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tanaka

My only summer pick is Knights of Honor II for $17 and am enjoying it. It is a nice upgrade to the original. As always you can get even better deals off of steam. I rarely buy games on steam anymore. This is the way.

Grim.Reaper

Wasn't going to buy anything but bought all the command ops 2 dlc for around $60 so thought was good deal. 

Dammit Carl!

For the lulz, I got Mordhau to scratch my sword-slingin' itch and it's been fun so far.

devoncop

Quote from: Tanaka on July 09, 2023, 11:11:32 AMMy only summer pick is Knights of Honor II for $17 and am enjoying it. It is a nice upgrade to the original. As always you can get even better deals off of steam. I rarely buy games on steam anymore. This is the way.

Agree totally re both the game and the purchase option.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Senex

I resolved not to spend a bunch of money at the Steam Sale on games I may never play.  And I kept to that promise.  Instead I spent a bunch of money for DLCs of games I many never play.

Silent Disapproval Robot

GOG has Panzercorps 2 on for 55% off right now.  60% off if you got a GOG loyalty coupon in the email.

bobarossa

Only thing I picked up was Medieval Total War 2 for $6.  Hadn't played it since I upgraded to win10.

nelmsm

I grabbed Anno 1800 though I need another game in that genre like I need hemmerhoids.

WYBaugh

Went a little crazy as usual. Picked up Knights of Honor II, Regiments and Medieval Dynasty.

Anguille

Quote from: WYBaugh on July 11, 2023, 12:40:31 PMWent a little crazy as usual. Picked up Knights of Honor II, Regiments and Medieval Dynasty.
Knights of Honor 2 is a solid choice!

Rayfer

Had a gift card since my birthday in early June, holding it for the sale.  Nothing grabbed me so I went with a game I wanted since it came out "Rule the Waves 3", my first time playing a game in this series.  Not on sale but still ok.