Main Menu

Perfect FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, July 21, 2023, 03:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero



For gaming : some Unity of Command II and a bit of Ixion.

Have a great weekend.


Gusington

Some Field of Glory 2: Medieval for me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Plenty more JTS Panzer Campaigns and WW1 Campaigns with a variety of PBEM opponents.

Single player having a great (though not easy) time trying to rescue the President in Jagged Alliance 3.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

bobarossa

#3
Shadow Empire with Oceania DLC.  On a non-water world because I'm sick of Trading Houses pestering me while I'm trying to fight off hordes of enemies on my island.

ps, good song! Never heard of them.

Jarhead0331

Mostly Delta V Rings of Saturn (truly awesome game) and DCS F-15E.  Probably some Xenonauts 2 and JA3, as well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


SirAndrewD

Jagged Alliance 3 till my eyes bleed and a three ship Wild Weasel mission tomorrow night in DCS with the guys.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

I'm probably limiting myself to some space 4x:  I'm not sure if I'll try Stellaris a little bit more or if I want to dive back into Distant World 2.

The latter has sucked me in far more effectively, but I hadn't touched Stellaris in a few years and I wanted to see what it was like with one or two DLCs (I got Utopia and Leviathans).  It's different than it was, and certainly better than it was (I liked it the first time), but it has yet to hook me the way DW2 did once they get some of the basic kinks worked out!

It ain't a computer game, but I'm also looking forward to watching me some USWNT World Cup play this weekend!

Tripoli

BoC work.  CMO. And a bit of Combat Mission: Fortress Italy.  And possibly some work on the "Rule the Waves 3" AAR
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

Chivalry II is mostly taking my time at this point and it's a nice change of pace from just merely shooting people/monsters to hacking them up with a halberd.  And the "new," throwing mechanic means I can bean a sucker with a log, rock, shield or whatever (yes, you can throw your shield and your main weapon too) is an extra hoot.

Thank you Steam Sale for reminding me "hacking," fps'es exist!

Otherwise, helping the Mrs. with her estate sale gig and "deconstructing," a couples' life one box of bullshit at a time.  Don't leave a bunch of crap behind for your kids, is what I'm saying; straighten up your stuff.

Tripoli

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 21, 2023, 05:43:07 PM...

Otherwise, helping the Mrs. with her estate sale gig and "deconstructing," a couples' life one box of bullshit at a time.  Don't leave a bunch of crap behind for your kids, is what I'm saying; straighten up your stuff.

Sorry for your loss.  However, I can vouch for what you said: As you get older, downsize. And leave a will.  Better yet, give the choice heirloom items away in person, as it saves a lot of bickering.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Tripoli on July 21, 2023, 06:31:44 PMSorry for your loss.  However, I can vouch for what you said: As you get older, downsize. And leave a will.  Better yet, give the choice heirloom items away in person, as it saves a lot of bickering.

Solid advice.  Mom was going to donate her body to a nearby "body farm," at a college but when she heard that they just don't leave corpses out to just dry in the sun (i.e. they chop 'em up, burn 'em up, etc.) she got cold feet on that idea.  Otherwise, she's jettisoned a good deal of her things and runs mighty light nowadays.

But!  It's not a relative of ours.  The Mrs. has an actual estate sale business with a partner.  Apologies if I didn't make that clear before. 

This gig is odd as the house was being sold "as is," to include everything in it (which is all of everything this couple left behind them when they shut the door to visit their kids right before Covid hit and the couple never came home).  The children just want anything "valuable," sold prior to final closing of the house to another owner but they don't live close enough or have the time needed to dig through decades worth of stuff to do this themselves or to bring the house up to code/clean it/etc.  They seem to be content to get what they get from the sale of the home and all goods therein.  Clean break and all of that.

Gusington

^Apologies for the jarring change of topic, but... is there any single player component to Chivalry at all?

I need to know this info 😎
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

You can do bots and in most of the play styles and in most of the maps, iirc (i.e. Deathmatch, Last Team Standing and so on) but you won't get the cool perks that come from killing real people online long enough which is the ability to customize your class and weapons until you run through the usual bullshit ranking stuff. 

God, that drives me nuts.  Worst part of this game, in my opinion.

Gusington

Dammit. No campaign at all then either, eh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

QQ to the mods. Is there a way to make the topics list display not only who started the topic but when they started it?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"