Running up that Friday

Started by Anguille, August 11, 2023, 08:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille


Have just started watching Stranger Things last week and already finished the first two seasons :HideEyes:. It's so well inspired by the 80's movies (stand by me, ET and so forth). I am almost 12 again. Great stuff imho and great music.

This weekend I will work on my Ancient Greece campaign as Macedonia (finished my Spartan campaign already) in Imperium's Greek Wars. Really a cool game. Soon my 3d most played game on steam.

Enjoy your weekend (warm and sunny ☀️ here)

Pete Dero

Same as last week : Baldur's Gate 3 (Made In Belgium !!)

I have Stranger Things on my list but there aren't enough hours in a day ...


Have a nice weekend.

Gusington

Great song given extraordinary new life!

Aliens Dark Descent for me. Maybe some Dune to complete that 80s vibe.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yardwork in, 'Feel's like' 106 degree temps. It's a game called, "Sweat Equity" soon to be followed by, "Cool Drink in the Pool: The 2023 Edition". Have a great weekend Grogs.  :RockOn:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

#4
Continuing my PBEM in the John Tiller Title Rzhev 42 against Melm whose Germans are starting to stiffen their line at the top of the Rzhev salient to an annoying degree.

Also more Baldurs Gate which I am playing until I am happy that I have all the mechanics properly understood ( which I certainly don't right now ! )

After I do it's a serious restart....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

jamus34

Some more Baldur's Gate 3 for me.
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Reading my Traveller stuffs and yardwork seems my lot for the weekend, but first world problems, eh?

-my two-stroke hedge trimmer is calling me!

Sir Slash

Damn hedges! Why don't they learn to trim themselves? A little Solasta to scratch my RPG itch hopefully filling my sudden need to buy BG 3.  :tickedoff:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tanaka

Since it is on sale I finally decided to take the plunge into Spellforce Conquest of EO. Pretty fun little game that feels refreshing and new. Very different and am enjoying it.

Gusington

If you have even the slightest interest in the Alien universe, please pick up Aliens Dark Descent...my new game of the year.

So much replayability, so much fun, so many loadouts for your Marines, and the ARC armored vehicle...just makes me so GIGGITY.

Please...PLEASE...do yourself a solid and get this game. Especially if you enjoyed XCOM and love that tactical gameplay.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

#10
Company of Heroes 3
Sins of a Solar Empire 1 Rebellion: 5 of us started one yesterday
Sins of a Solar Empire 2
Age of Empires Iv maybe although I am not so keen on this lately for some reason. The graphics seem to look horrible as of last patch. Just flat looking.

Since I am not playing anything too groggy this weekend, to prove my grogginess... have a couple of tank photos!

A Matilda with a bulldozer. I believe this is an Australian modification not found elsewhere. So probably unique to the pacific theatre and then only seen with Australian troops. The Aussies preferred Matildas IIs to Lee\grants and thus the hundreds of lee\grants we had stayed home apart from 3 or so who protected a headquarters for a while. Australia had around 780 lee\grants during ww2 and apart from those 3 mentioned above none were deployed outside Australia.


I thought fear not pasted on a little machine gun carrying vehicle was rather comical.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2023, 07:04:42 PMIf you have even the slightest interest in the Alien universe, please pick up Aliens Dark Descent...my new game of the year.

So much replayability, so much fun, so many loadouts for your Marines, and the ARC armored vehicle...just makes me so GIGGITY.

Please...PLEASE...do yourself a solid and get this game. Especially if you enjoyed XCOM and love that tactical gameplay.

Now I feel bad I passed it on sale last week.

I blame you Gus!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd