Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited

Started by matt3916, August 11, 2023, 06:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

matt3916

There was a little bit of a buzz on this forum when this released but the conversation ended fairly quickly.

Now that it's on sale for 50% off ($22.49) is it worth picking up?

joram

#1
I would vote yes.  I played a full campaign shortly after launch and really enjoyed it. It wasn't terribly hard but it was entertaining and there's lots of flavor units and countries to try.  While I haven't played it much since, it's more about my lack of bandwidth to play much of anything rather than a testament about the quality of the game.
Worth the sale price in my opinion.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Yes, but be warned, it's so addictive it's a time vampire.

Gusington

^I second that emotion. One of those games that can be played for hours without noticing.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Destraex

I was interested until I got told how bad the tactical battles were. Especially from a graphical perspective, but also from the capture the points perspective. If there was a demo I would try it. I liked a lot of what I saw like the old school Total War-esque provinces with multiple outlying industry and village locations that while under the shadow of the local castle are not something the castle can directly protect. Also the supply system looked ok. I also liked the idea of the real time campaign map. I wish total war was not in the process of dumbing down combat and physical strategic realism in favor of stats and character classes. Because I believe total war would go back to being something more like knights of honor is becoming.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

The last campaign I played and won I did not play one tactical battle...I have not played one tactical battle at all in KoH2, IIRC.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2023, 10:16:48 PMThe last campaign I played and won I did not play one tactical battle...I have not played one tactical battle at all in KoH2, IIRC.

Nor I - but then again I didn't buy the game for that - as I said in the other thread if you've come for the tactical battles this isn't the game for you

Anguille

I don't play the battles either. There's already so much to do on the campaign map. Great game.

Gusington

^All that said, the last major patch addressed a lot of issues with the tactical battles and they may be much better now. I will be getting back into the game soon to find out.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd