Battlefront’s 2023 look ahead

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 29, 2023, 08:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

one of these days.....I'm going to get into this series. Tried the FI demo and after an hour, went into the fetal position and cried  :laugh:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Sigwolf on September 12, 2023, 06:41:22 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 12, 2023, 05:50:36 PM
Quote from: Sigwolf on September 12, 2023, 05:42:48 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 12, 2023, 05:23:15 PMCombat Mission Italy series not available at matrix and steam
Well, it hasn't released on Steam yet, but it is still available on Matrix for me, as it has been...

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/combat-mission-fortress-italy

I was able to redeem my game keys at Matrix and received my steam keys and was able to redeem them on Steam.  Plus I do see the actual steam pages with purchase options.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2551110/Combat_Mission_Fortress_Italy/
Ahhh, *now* available.  I thought you were inferring it had been pulled from sale.  :ThumbsUp:

Yep, looks like I had typo

Elvis

1 more to go and then all CM2 games will be on Steam. This will make my dream come true...........

JasonPratt

Definitely migrating my keys over this afternoon!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Ahhh so. The Beast that is Combat Mission craves new meat. This game's scarier than all your ex-wives meeting with their attorneys at the same time.  :HideEyes:  COME ON Grogs! Who's going to finally take-on and tame this monster?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Now that I don't have to deal with that insane Battlefront copy protection scheme, I have rewarded them in a small way with an immediate purchase of the "Rome to Victory" DLC.

So what's left? Last Blitzkrieg? Afghanistan?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Wasn't Last Blitz the first WW2 CMx2 game they migrated to Steam? If not, that must be what remains.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sigwolf

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 14, 2023, 02:28:50 PMWasn't Last Blitz the first WW2 CMx2 game they migrated to Steam? If not, that must be what remains.
Nope, Normandy was the first WW2, Final Blitz is the last one still to come. 

Unfortunately Afghanistan will likely not ever be on Steam as it was a third party project using their engine.  It has not, and won't, get any of the engine upgrades that the others have had.

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 14, 2023, 12:45:48 PMDefinitely migrating my keys over this afternoon!

In honor of my success in migrating my keys first to Matrix and then to Steam, I bought "Rome to Victory" in the package discount of 23%.

(Which isridiculously generous, since I won't be playing it immediately; and I could have bought it from Matrix using my stacked super-coupons around Christmastime. But oh well, maybe Final Blitz will be out by then, and I can add any leftover DLC from it and Normandy, too.)

rss334

Why are you guys migrating to Steam?   There is no workshop support on Steam is there?   Are the mods working with the steam version - is the steam version faster or something?

Con

Quote from: rss334 on September 15, 2023, 10:29:36 PMWhy are you guys migrating to Steam?   There is no workshop support on Steam is there?   Are the mods working with the steam version - is the steam version faster or something?
You sir have no idea of the the vitriol thread derailing door you have just opened

Sir Slash

That's actually a good question. Will there be a workshop for these titles with User-Made scenarios like from the Battlefront site?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Con on September 16, 2023, 12:16:35 AM
Quote from: rss334 on September 15, 2023, 10:29:36 PMWhy are you guys migrating to Steam?   There is no workshop support on Steam is there?   Are the mods working with the steam version - is the steam version faster or something?
You sir have no idea of the the vitriol thread derailing door you have just opened

I'll say it.

Battlefront's copy protection and patch upgrade schemes were a nightmare for some, inconvenience for others.

I was in the nightmare category. I probably spent about five hours trying to fix some of my DLC installs, after I installed an upgrade patch. I spent that time going back and forth with a very nice and patient Battlefront support guy. Ultimately the support guy got frustrated, and I got doubly frustrated and gave up. I never got things working properly.

After that, I never, never, never bought another Battlefront product. That is until they started putting them on Steam.

On Steam I don't have to worry about such things.

MODs aren't particularly important to me either.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Redwolf

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 16, 2023, 12:37:09 PMI'll say it.

Battlefront's copy protection and patch upgrade schemes were a nightmare for some, inconvenience for others.

I was in the nightmare category. I probably spent about five hours trying to fix some of my DLC installs, after I installed an upgrade patch. I spent that time going back and forth with a very nice and patient Battlefront support guy. Ultimately the support guy got frustrated, and I got doubly frustrated and gave up. I never got things working properly.

After that, I never, never, never bought another Battlefront product. That is until they started putting them on Steam.

On Steam I don't have to worry about such things.

MODs aren't particularly important to me either.

Never download and use patches for CMx2 games.

You always go to the orders page in your user account and download the full installer. For each game it comes with all DLCs. That gives you a clean install. Then you enter the serial numbers and it unlocks what you purchased.

Redwolf

There actually is another option. There is a Matrix version that isn't Steam but that has Matrix' copy protection (simple serial number) and not BFCs (with an install counter).

Could be considered best of all worlds.