Main Menu

Starfield

Started by Zulu1966, December 11, 2021, 04:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skoop

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be checking that out.

Jarhead0331

#181
Like all Bethesda games, I'm finding that the dialogue and mission plots are a mixed bag. They vary from laughably bad to exceptional.

Overall though, this is a great game for what it is and I am really enjoying the experience. I haven't played anything else since it released.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Windigo

You were right JH, the Ranger quest series is worth it. The ship is big enough to get lost in.

Now I am swaggering around like I own the place. Still haven't put anyone into the jail cells yet, but if one of my companions doesn't put out soon..... (I miss Fable).
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Windigo on September 18, 2023, 10:03:52 AMYou were right JH, the Ranger quest series is worth it. The ship is big enough to get lost in.

Now I am swaggering around like I own the place. Still haven't put anyone into the jail cells yet, but if one of my companions doesn't put out soon..... (I miss Fable).

Sarah Morgan is a prude. We've professed our love for each other and are planning our wedding, but I've never gotten so much as a kiss on the cheek. I'm gonna see what Andreja is doing tonight.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2023, 10:28:56 AM
Quote from: Windigo on September 18, 2023, 10:03:52 AMYou were right JH, the Ranger quest series is worth it. The ship is big enough to get lost in.

Now I am swaggering around like I own the place. Still haven't put anyone into the jail cells yet, but if one of my companions doesn't put out soon..... (I miss Fable).

Sarah Morgan is a prude. We've professed our love for each other and are planning our wedding, but I've never gotten so much as a kiss on the cheek. I'm gonna see what Andreja is doing tonight.

Good luck!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 18, 2023, 04:37:26 PMnerds  :RockOn:

Just pining for more realism in RPGs. Hell I think it would be funny as hell if it allowed for things to get... complicated.

Now having said that, I had no idea I was addicted to stimulants until I checked my status.
Something called junk flush fixed it for me though. A real RPG would have my associates avoiding me until my withdrawl symptoms were gone.... no intervention either.

"Sorry Ranger Joshua, but we are forcibly admitting you into a shitty drug treatment centre. Yeah we know you took that shit to help keep us alive and paid, but fuck  you for being a junkie."
Oh yeah, we'll take your ship and spin around waiting for you, maybe mess up a few pirates/pilgrimages while we are waiting for you to clean up yourelf.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Windigo on September 18, 2023, 05:24:00 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 18, 2023, 04:37:26 PMnerds  :RockOn:

Just pining for more realism in RPGs. Hell I think it would be funny as hell if it allowed for things to get... complicated.

Now having said that, I had no idea I was addicted to stimulants until I checked my status.
Something called junk flush fixed it for me though. A real RPG would have my associates avoiding me until my withdrawl symptoms were gone.... no intervention either.

"Sorry Ranger Joshua, but we are forcibly admitting you into a shitty drug treatment centre. Yeah we know you took that shit to help keep us alive and paid, but fuck  you for being a junkie."
Oh yeah, we'll take your ship and spin around waiting for you, maybe mess up a few pirates/pilgrimages while we are waiting for you to clean up yourelf.



I'm OK with "relationships" in RPGs, just as long as they are not too real. I don't want my character to be woken up in the middle of the night to discuss 'our relationship.'
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Windigo

 :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:

I hear you, I have the t-shirt.

Ex #2 was all about those type of things... very insecure
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

SirAndrewD

I generally avoid relationships in these games unless there's a good story reason for it, and here there's not really that I can see.  However.....

You get a 15% "Emotional Support" XP bonus when you're married if you "sleep". 

So, yeah, prude or not Sarah and I tied the knot fast and now I wear her out before I wear out the bad guys.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Ian C

I didn't listen to the hype, had no expectations, didn't watch any reviews before playing and bought it 2 weeks after release.
I'm having as much fun, if not more, than I did with Skyrim - for me it's simply a great game, tons of fun, and I've not stopped playing it.

Jarhead0331

I ran into another mission killing bug. It's the second show stopper I hit.

Until I find away around it, I've transitioned back to Cyberpunk 2077 with the new 2.0 update and eager for Phantom Liberty to hit the streets tomorrow.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 25, 2023, 08:22:10 AMI ran into another mission killing bug. It's the second show stopper I hit.

Until I find away around it, I've transitioned back to Cyberpunk 2077 with the new 2.0 update and eager for Phantom Liberty to hit the streets tomorrow.

It looks you are not alone : Cyberpunk 2077 has double the number of players on Steam than Starfield and it is among the most popular games on Twitch right now.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 has been really well received and the DLC should add around 30 hours to the base game.