Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Presumably someone associated with the development team from their discord channel.

Destraex

Cool Bananas.
Makes sense it's from discord because it's not searcheable on youtube. I assume it's not marked public. So getting it off discord would make sense.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Video makes me a little nervous. Doesn't seem very balanced. Continentals took that wall far too easily and with way too few casualties.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Sir Slash

Yeah, I'm kind of there too. And in only a minute. Maybe they were Elite troops of some kind?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

#154
Game video footage indicated still in alpha testing, which is still pretty early in the development and would assume we'll see a lot more balancing down the road but certainly something to keep an eye on.  In the discord  chat the developer did mention that areas of the walls are passable and some due to the fact that artillery can take them down.  But it did look like the troops had no problem overrunning the defenders but the developer mentioned morale and cohesion comes into play so maybe the defending troops were low quality and/or had low morale from something prior to the assault.

And if truly still in alpha testing phase, starting to wonder how close we really are to early access, might be awhile yet.

Grim.Reaper

Getting closer.....word from developer and video on campaign ui

We are working to finalize a few bugs and balance issues. We have started to prepare video tutorials for the upcoming EA release. Here is a tutorial video telling about campaign UI
.


Grim.Reaper

They also indicated no plans for multiplayer, which is not a surprise.  Although they say technically feasible, it would depend on multiple factors and their main focus is on single player.

Gusington

^I see that as a good thing, but I am a crusty SP-only type.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Same here.  No multiplayer in this title means no problem for me. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

The only game in the ultimate series that had multiplayer support was gettysburg, the very first one. So no surprise there. For the ultimate general series it does not bother me.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Is it weird that as much as I play FPS and Sims in multiplayer I never even touch wargames?  Never even have once!

So no, this doesn't bother me. 

Maybe someone needs to hold me down and force me to play PBEM on one of the WDS titles with a teeny scenario like babies first over 40 online wargame training session so I'll get over my apathy.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

So not even eugen games like steel division which are very light wargames made with multiplayer in mind as a major component?

I think stellaris is probably the game with the largest scope that I have ever played multiplayer in. I don't usually play grand strategy games multiplayer.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Seems like it has been close for a long time, but hopefully soon:)

Gusington

After I watched the above it was clear that it is still, perhaps, a few weeks out.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd