Main Menu

Starfield

Started by Zulu1966, December 11, 2021, 04:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

This discussion got me re-interested in Fallout 4 - which I have re-installed.

Maybe that will convince me how good Starfield is,,,I had alot of fun with Fallout 4 until I moved on.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 15, 2023, 03:33:02 AMThis discussion got me re-interested in Fallout 4 - which I have re-installed.

Maybe that will convince me how good Starfield is,,,I had alot of fun with Fallout 4 until I moved on.

I honestly think you'll like Starfield. The combat is very good and some of the missions are very engrossing. I've been sidetracked by cyberpunk 2077 again, but before the 2.0 update, I was totally hooked on Starfield.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Skoop

Fallout4 in space is exactly why I prefer starfield more.  I prefer the sci-fi setting to the post apocalyptic nuke world.

Plus you can fly space ships and build em too.....which is a whole other thing.

Base building was kinda meh....it's really just a place to store your stuff.....but you can make a ship that's big enough to be a traveling base.

I made a ship that's bristling with auto particle beam turrets....the ship is so op that 5 vs 1 ship fights are over in minutes.  Only problem with the auto turrets, you can't turn em off, so boarding is no go cause the ships dead before you can get near it. 

Windigo

About the mainquests..... !@#$%&!!

Get railroaded into stealing an artifact from a collector.... get a bounty on my head.  Get captured by sysdef and thrown into going to the Crimson Pirate quest stream.... assholes!

Next time I'll just shot the bastards and go back into the starfield.

Oh yeah, then there's the non choice choice of staying at the lodge to defend it from the hunter, or go rescue the crew on the eye.
Hmmm, break the promise to keep Cora Cole safe, or save your future Friend with benefits?

I need nukes.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Windigo on October 15, 2023, 12:23:57 PMAbout the mainquests..... !@#$%&!!

Get railroaded into stealing an artifact from a collector.... get a bounty on my head.  Get captured by sysdef and thrown into going to the Crimson Pirate quest stream.... assholes!

Next time I'll just shot the bastards and go back into the starfield.

Oh yeah, then there's the non choice choice of staying at the lodge to defend it from the hunter, or go rescue the crew on the eye.
Hmmm, break the promise to keep Cora Cole safe, or save your future Friend with benefits?

I need nukes.

Just don't shoot anyone on the artifact theft mission and you can exit without combat. You don't even need to persuade, just threaten the guy, get into a fight with him until he's almost dead and he'll surrender and let you take the thing and leave. His crew will all be pointing guns at you and trying to goad you into a fight but they won't aggro unless you shoot them.

As for the lodge mission, you can actually game the system and make sure that Barrett is the non-Romance NPC that gets on the other side of the choice.  Unfortunately since I didn't see that coming Cora's going to hate me for the rest of my life.  Oh well, I got tired of hearing her dumb haikus on the ship all the time.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Windigo

I gotta play me this time around, next time I'll play a total asshole psychotic murder hobo. Throw mines in residential areas, shoot everybody and everything except dogs.   :Party:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Admit it, you were horrified at my descent into evil until I spared the dogs.... then you felt relieved.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JudgeDredd

I know people love this here - but, for balance, Angry Joe doesn't...

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Destraex

How impartial is Angry Joe these days?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

I watched Angry Joe's review and I suppose most of his criticisms are valid, but they also seem very nit-picky. Also, he took some really egregious examples of bugs, technical issues, etc. that happen very infrequently and made it out like these are major issues that seriously detract from the experience. In my experience, this just hasn't really been the case and I think he did this for dramatic or humorous effect. While technically not being outright false, they certainly strike me as a little disingenuous.

I mean really, he starts off the review complaining about camera angles and the inability to dance in the nightclub? Strange to lead off with that fairly inconsequential stuff.

For me, the game is just fun. Beyond that, I don't think a whole lot really matters.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I enjoyed Angry Joe more a few years ago and have not watched him in a while, his stuff is funny or over the top, depending on your mood. Most days I am just not in the mood for him anymore.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sigwolf

I'm enjoying Starfield, but the ground based navigation is infuriating.  Why is there no map of known settlements?  Why do I have to remember where particular vendors are in every settlement, or run around aimlessly until I find one?

Anyone with a phone right now can pull up a map of practically any city, town, or village on the planet.  In the future?  Nope, you're on your own.  :hair:

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 19, 2023, 08:58:00 AMFor me, the game is just fun. Beyond that, I don't think a whole lot really matters.


+1

I will be playing Starfield for many years to come.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Tripoli

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 19, 2023, 09:09:32 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 19, 2023, 08:58:00 AMFor me, the game is just fun. Beyond that, I don't think a whole lot really matters.


+1
 
I will be playing Starfield for many years to come.

Ditto.  I'm enjoying it a lot.  IRT the maps, I think they are going to fix that.  Right now, I just use the "F" function to map the route.  However, it would be more immersive, and interesting, if it had maps
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JudgeDredd

Yeah - he's over the top. One of the reasons I like his videos.

I see those graphical bugs in Fallout 4...so they're not new to Starfields that's for sure.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people