Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on October 21, 2023, 05:18:00 PMWikipedia sez you're correct, they're believed to have completed their first deliverable nuke around 1967.

They were prepared to use them during the Yom Kippur war.  If Egypt had broken through they were going to.  Clancy used a nuke that got loose in that conflict as a plot for Sum of All Fears.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

just loving the flood of anti-semitism online right now.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 21, 2023, 06:35:33 PMjust loving the flood of anti-semitism online right now.

I'm loving the flood of antisemitism in the US Congress.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Groggy

It's really incredible that folks are more agitated at people standing up to apartheid and genocide than they are at overt anti-semitism being mainstreamed by wealthy figures like Musk.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

W8taminute

It's heartbreaking.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Uberhaus

From six years ago:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4584520/Jewish-nurse-breastfeeds-Palestinian-baby-boy.html

Since 2013:  https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/why-israel-has-treated-over-2600-wounded-syrians/

It's not just historical, the Israeli Bedouin arguing with the BBC Arabic announcer speaks of injured Palestinians in Israeli hospitals. 
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 16, 2023, 12:05:10 AMhttps://twitter.com/i/status/1713575620507009313

What an evil way to repay goodness.

Jarhead0331

Discussion of OOBs...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

MikeGER

Quote from: steve58 on October 22, 2023, 03:30:42 PMIsraeli army releases footage of first operational use of 'Iron Sting' munition destroying rocket launcher

I hope for the Ground campaign the IDF has a lot of unseen hightech toys we are not much aware of at the moment  :ThumbsUp:

i have seen older vids of small birdlike drones, and robots that were thrown in a room, unfold and can climb stairs too, medium size remote vehicles with an MG used by military, and a common Spot robot is even in use with German Police in my state

now imagine what still clandestine and testbed stuff the IDF has for tunnels and CQB

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Groggy

Quote from: MikeGER on October 23, 2023, 07:10:10 AMI hope for the Ground campaign the IDF has a lot of unseen hightech toys we are not much aware of at the moment  :ThumbsUp:

i have seen older vids of small birdlike drones, and robots that were thrown in a room, unfold and can climb stairs too, medium size remote vehicles with an MG used by military, and a common Spot robot is even in use with German Police in my state
now imagine what still clandestine and testbed stuff the IDF has for tunnels and CQB

Hamas would know from the moment a robot crawls inside. The tunnels were built to defend. There could be sensors that trigger an alarm and CCTV cameras that can allocate such as a robot and define if it's for ISR purposes or a kamikaze robot that will blow up once it encounters the militants. Tunnel warfare is never easy. Troops simulate a tunnel based on what they have discovered before and act as if it is the reality they will face, but it is not. It's a simulation for something they have never seen and don't have experience in combat, nor won a battle inside one of them. What awaits the Israeli forces is the unknown, and those who built the tunnels know how to fight inside them.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

GDS_Starfury

I'd like to think that the 2000 lb jadams being used are collapsing those very same tunnels.
I've seen more then a few videos of a building taking a hit and every manhole cover up the street explodes.

MikeGER

Quote from: Groggy on October 23, 2023, 11:19:43 PMHamas would know from the moment a robot crawls inside. The tunnels were built to defend. There could be sensors that trigger an alarm and CCTV cameras that can allocate such as a robot and define if it's for ISR purposes or a kamikaze robot that will blow up once it encounters the militants. Tunnel warfare is never easy. Troops simulate a tunnel based on what they have discovered before and act as if it is the reality they will face, but it is not. It's a simulation for something they have never seen and don't have experience in combat, nor won a battle inside one of them. What awaits the Israeli forces is the unknown, and those who built the tunnels know how to fight inside them.

of couse a remote ISR device trigger alarm. But did it also trigger the right conclusions?  :grin:

and this is just an year old cheep OSINT China toy, now estimate what an IDF 'DARPA' thing could do to find the hostages dungeons

We dont want to drop a GBU-57A/B on the wrong spot, or at the wrong moment